April 17, 2018
Yield: Varies Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: Varies Servings: 10-12 brownies (4 inch)
- 1 box of your favorite gluten free brownie mix OR 1 box Simple Mills brownie mix (*If Paleo or on a limited grain free/elimination diet)
- 1 can organic pumpkin OR 1 can organic no salt added black beans (*preferred if you do not restrict beans)
- ¼ cup (1 small scoop) So Delicious almond or coconut milk ice cream
- 2 TBSP So Delicious coconut milk vanilla whipped topping and fresh strawberries
- Crushed almonds, cashews, pecans, or walnuts
- 1 TBSP organic almond or coconut butter
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- Drizzled 85% dark chocolate (melted)
- Small amount of organic powdered sugar
- Pour dry brownie mix in large mixing bowl.
- If making pumpkin brownies: Add 1 can of pumpkin puree and stir until smooth. Do not add any other ingredients the box calls for. Bake according to the temperature and time the box suggests.
- If making black bean brownies: Pour entire can (with liquid) into blender. Blend until smooth. Add black bean mixture to brownie mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth. Do not add any other ingredients the box calls for. Bake according to the temperature and time the box suggests.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting into sections and serve with one of the desired optional topping suggestions.