November 28, 2018
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2
- ½ TBSP Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 1 TBSP extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ lime
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- 1 TSP rice vinegar
- 1 pinch Siracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or raw sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup Cole-slaw mixed veggies (prepackaged sliced carrots and cabbage)
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized and trimmed to a shorter length and lightly squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup small Bella or button mushrooms, sliced
- 8-10 ounces of snap peas or chopped Swiss chard
- 2 TBSP cashews, halved and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds (black, white, or combine both)
- Chop and slice all vegetables. Spiralize zucchini and place in separate bowl and set aside. Heat 1 TBSP coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, snap peas or chard, mushrooms, and sliced carrot and cabbage mixture to the pan and use tongs to toss everything together. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spiralized zucchini and rice vinegar to the vegetable mixture on low heat and add the sugar, Siracha, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, tamari soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and cashews. Reserve small amount of cashews and scallions for topping at the end.
- Toss all ingredients together with the tongs and turn up to medium-high heat and gently toss for 1 minute. Turn off burner and evenly divide and serve 2 portions in bowls or plates. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each portion and top with sliced scallions and cashew pieces. Sprinkle with small amount of white and/or black sesame seeds.
- Eat with chop sticks and enjoy!