June 5, 2019
- 3 large limes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked, deveined
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 10 small white-button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
In a glass measuring cup, squeeze limes, yielding ¼ cup of juice. Add the garlic, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro and stir. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and pour the cilantro lime marinade over the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Alternate cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp on 4 skewers. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Grill the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the shrimp are just cooked through.
Yield: Makes 2 servings, each serving contains 160 calories, 6 g fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, and 17 g carbohydrates.