April 22, 2021
1 pound cooked salmon or 14.75-ounce can salmon
2 green onions (including green parts), finely chopped
2 egg whites
1/2 cup canned corn, drained
1/2 red pepper, finely diced
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole-wheat breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salmon cakes per serving
215 calories, 27g protein, 16g carbohydrate (2g fiber), 5g fat (1g sat, 4g mono/poly), 217mg sodium
Aioli per serving
12 calories, 1g protein, 2g carbohydrate (0g fiber), 0g fat (0g sat, 0g mono/poly), 44mg sodium
- Flake salmon and mix with the next six ingredients. Add 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, and mix well. Refrigerate mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Form into four cakes. Dust each side with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Put oil in pan and bring to medium heat. Add the cakes, and cook until the outside turns golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Turn over and fry another 2 minutes until bottom is golden-brown.
- Top with yogurt aioli and serve.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Find additional tips for healthy eating
- Are you addicted to food?
- Should you take vitamin D for COVID prevention?
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.