The Ann May Memorial Homeopathic Hospital opened in Spring Lake in 1904 as a memorial to the daughter of Alboina N. Whartenby.
The Ann May School of Nursing began its tradition of offering the finest entry –level hospital-based nursing diploma program available in the area shortly after.
The Ann May Center for Advancement of Professional Practice was established in 1997 upon the closing of the Ann May School of Nursing. Taking its name Ann May from the former school that was associated with Jersey Shore University Medical Center and carrying on the tradition of nursing excellence. The Ann May Center for Nursing and Allied Health supports the ever changing needs of nurses in a rapidly changing health care environment.
Alumni Transcripts and Records
With the closure of the Ann May School of Nursing, student records, school archives, and memorabilia were transferred to the Ann May Center for Nursing and Allied Health.