New Visitor Policy Restrictions
Please check with us often as this policy may be updated as events warrant.
- Nursing and rehabilitation facilities – No visitors
- Hackensack Meridian Health Hospitals – No visitors
The situation surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to evolve and changes occur rapidly. Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is restricting visitation across all of its hospitals. This restriction takes effective Friday, March 13, 2020. Please know, the health and safety of our patients, their families, and team members remains a top priority for HMH.
Visitation exceptions will be made in certain situations, including:
- Pediatric care
- Ambulatory Care/Same day surgery (one visitor)
- Maternity/Labor and delivery (one visitor)
Once a visitor is approved, they will undergo a temperature screening. They will need to provide their contact information in the event that tracing becomes necessary. Phone and video calls to patients are welcome and encouraged.
As a precautionary measure and to keep patients and team members safe, HMH is also asking its team members to self-monitor their temperature before they report to work.
We take these proactive precautions to protect our patients, team members, and the communities we serve. We are sensitive to the separation this restriction causes our patients and their loved ones, but we believe this measure of protection is essential at this time to keep people safe.
Telemedicine for Coronavirus
For a limited time, New Jersey residents can schedule online visits at ConvenientCareNow.com for just $20 when you use promo code HMH20. If 65+, use promo code HMHFREE for a free consult.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pregnancy During a Pandemic: What You Need to Know
- If You Smoke or Vape, COVID-19 Is Another Reason To Quit
- How to Take Your Temperature and Check for a Fever
- Ways You Can Help Health Care Workers
- Can You Get Coronavirus From Mail?
- Dealing with Screen Time for Children
- Coping with Loss While ‘Social Distancing’
- How to Order Food Delivery Safely
- Working From Home
- Kids and COVID-19
- Answers on Masks
- Tips to Wash Your Hands the ‘Right’ Way
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub