Nursing and Rehabilitation Visitor Guidelines
For the safety of our patients and team members, in-person visitor limitations are currently in place at all Hackensack Meridian Health hospitals and nursing and rehabilitation facilities. If you are planning to visit a family or friend, please call in advance to ensure there are no restrictions.
- Outdoor visitation is allowed by appointment only
- In accordance with New Jersey’s Department of Health travel advisory, visitors who have traveled to a state with a significant spread of COVID-19 within the past 14 days will not be allowed to enter Hackensack Meridian Health facilities. For a list of the current travel advisory states, please click here.
- Visitors are not allowed indoors past reception
- Masks or face coverings are required
- All persons must remain at least 6 feet apart
- Each patient is limited to 2 visitors at a time
- Food is not permitted
- Staff must remain with the patient during the visit
- Visitors with symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever of 100°F or more) will not be permitted
- Restrooms are not available for visitors
- Visitation should be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather or based on operational needs.
- Visitation is not permitted for patients who are suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19
Visitors will not be tested for COVID-19. Visitors will also need to provide their contact information in the event that tracing becomes necessary. Phone and video calls to patients are welcome and encouraged.
To reduce the number of people in waiting areas and our hospitals, partners in care and family members will be contacted via phone by the patient’s care team.