Carpet Cleaning With Extractor System
Carpets can create a rich and lavish look in many facilities while evoking a warm, home-like feeling. On the flip-side, a carpet that is not properly maintained can, as they say in our business, “Ugly Out” very quickly which is why it is so important to follow the vacuum and spotting tips that I wrote about in last month’s tip. When extraction is necessary, here are the basic steps you should follow to restore the beauty of the carpet.
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly to remove surface soil.
- Use properly diluted GTC® Carpet / Fabric Stain & Spot Remover in a tank sprayer to loosen soil.
- Fill the solution tank of your extractor with properly diluted GTC® Carpet & Upholstery Extraction Cleaner. Do not use more cleaner than required. This will leave a buildup of soap residue in the carpet and cause it to get dirty faster.
- Move drag tool away from the machine to the full length of the hose. Keep the machine behind you.
- Pull drag tool backwards as you dispense solution from the machine into the carpet. Overlap each pass.
- Re-position machine and repeat procedure.
- To rinse, fill extractor with only clean water and repeat procedures.
- Apply carpet fan to aid in drying time.
- Flush solution and recovery tanks with clean water.
- Flush hose with clean water.
- Wipe machine with all purpose cleaner and a microfiber cloth.
Always test cleaning solution in an inconspicuous area to make sure detergent does not damage carpet fibers colors.
For more information, contact Jim or Nadine at 551-996-8048.
See the newest addition to our product line DIN 10 Luxurious Foaming Soap