HMH - Breastfeeding - Neptune
Our Center for Breastfeeding provides comprehensive lactation services by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants to assist you during this time. Prenatal consults are also available.
Our mission is to promote, support and protect the breastfeeding relationship between mother and baby, and provide the necessary assistance and instruction to achieve this goal. We believe that we can accomplish this through providing information, education, evaluation and management.
With an additional location in Jackson, our practice is designed to assess and treat both mother and baby at the same visit and consultation is by appointment only.
- General assessment of mother and baby for breastfeeding management
- Evaluation of breast milk intake during feeding
- Feeding strategies to support successful lactation
- Assistance with establishing good milk supply
- Assistance with breastfeeding premature babies or multiple births
- Managing sore nipples and other sources of breast discomfort during feedings
- Evaluation of low/slow weight gain in baby
- Preparation for return to work – pumping management
- Re-establishing milk supply/ breastfeeding after interruption
- Treatment of engorgement, plugged duct, thrush or mastitis