Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
- Free valet parking is available 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the main entrance.
- Self parking is available next to the medical center
- Patients for the Johnson Rehabilitation Institute and the Neuroscience Institute should park in Lot B (the gate lot directly across from the rehabilitation institute.
- Patients for outpatient testing should park in Lot E.
- Pre-admission testing and same day surgery patients can be dropped off and picked up at the admitting entrance. Valet parking also is available from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Emergency department patients should park in the ER parking lot.
- Occupational Health and Family Practice patients should park in Lot G.
- Visitors with special needs should contact 732-321-7568.
Specialty Programs Available
- Stroke Rehabilitation
Our patient-centered program emphasizes total body health and is tailored to meet each person’s unique needs, goals and priorities. Our inpatient rehabilitation program helps patients regain skills and abilities that were lost due to a stroke, while our outpatient programs promote greater independence at home and in the community.
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Our program is recognized nationally and internationally as a pioneer in brain trauma evaluation and treatment. From inpatient rehabilitation, to extended recovery and outpatient rehabilitation, our experts help you restore real-life skills so you can return to a more healthy and satisfying lifestyle.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
As one of the largest outpatient facilities in New Jersey for rehabilitation services for children (from birth to adolescence), we offer a variety of specialized programs designed to teach children adaptive and coping skills so they have the personal tools they need to achieve success in everyday life.
Why Choose JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- New Jersey’s Most Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services: We are unique for providing the full spectrum of adult and pediatric rehabilitation services under one roof — from inpatient to outpatient care. We treat thousands of children and adults each year on an outpatient and short-term basis.
- One of the top rehab and brain injury facilities in the nation: We are ranked 30th in the nation for acute rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report and The Center for Brain Injuries at JFK Johnson is named as just one of 16 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System Sites in the nation for treatment of brain injury
- Nationally certified for quality treatment and care: We are accredited by both the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities; meaning we’ve met rigorous quality standards in all areas of our operations and patient care. We hold accreditations in our Inpatient Rehabilitation Adult Program, Inpatient Rehabilitation Adult Brain Injury Specialty Program, Stroke Specialty Program, Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Adult Brain Injury Specialty Program, and Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation Services.
- Groundbreaking clinical trials: The experts at JFK Johnson are implementing groundbreaking clinical trials and research in stroke rehabilitation poised to change the way care for stroke patients
Individualized Approach to Brain Injury Rehabilitation
When Kajal Patel, age 23, rides in the car with her brother and sister, she always sits in the back, her brother drives and her sister sits in the front seat.