Multidisciplinary Surgical Care for Infants, Children & Teens
Operating on a child requires special training, skills and the utmost compassion. At Hackensack Meridian Children’s Health, our board-certified pediatric surgeons know kids. They use techniques and tools designed for little bodies that are still growing, as well as minimally invasive options to promote less pain and faster recovery.
All of our pediatric surgeons work with other members of the care team — including parents — to find the best treatment and outcome for each child. They have advanced medical training from some of the best institutions in the world and decades of experience caring for children.
From the most basic to the most complex, Hackensack Meridian Children’s Health’s diverse surgical offerings span many specialties, including:
- Craniofacial surgery for conditions affecting the face and skull
- ENT / Otolaryngology for conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat
- General surgery for any condition that doesn’t affect the bones, brain or heart
- Gynecological surgery for any condition affecting the female reproductive tract
- Neurosurgery for conditions affecting the brain, spine and nerves
- Orthopedic surgery for conditions affecting the bones
- Plastic surgery for children with burns, injuries and birth defects
- Robotics surgery for minimally invasive urological and general surgeries
- Transplant surgery for children who need kidney transplants
- Urological surgery for conditions affecting the urinary tract and reproductive organs
Why Choose Us for Pediatric Surgery?
As a parent, you can feel confident knowing that our board-certified surgeons perform thousands of surgical procedures each year. This high volume gives us unparalleled expertise in pediatric surgery.
Also, all of the care we provide is team-based. Our pediatric surgeons meet with physicians from other specialties each week to make sure your child has the complete care they need. This can include neurosurgeons, plastic surgeons, nephrologists, maternal-fetal specialists and urologists. Our surgeons can consult with any physician in 30+ specialties when needed.
Choosing a hospital for your child’s surgery isn’t easy, and you have many choices. Here’s what you get when you choose Hackensack Meridian Children’s Health:
An Expansive Network of Specialists
Connected to children’s hospitals that boast over 30+ specialties, our teams from across the network include some of the most recognized and celebrated surgeons from around the world.
Top-Ranking Pediatric Care in New Jersey
Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital and K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital are ranked #1 in the state and top 20 in the Mid-Atlantic Region by U.S. News & World Report for pediatric care.
Unwavering Dedication To Improving Quality
As participants in The National Surgical Quality Improvement Pediatric Program (NSQIPP), our children's hospitals are committed to improving surgical outcomes, lowering complication rates, increasing patient safety, and providing a better patient experience.
Pediatric Surgery Success Stories
What’s it like to have children’s surgery in New Jersey at Hackensack Meridian Children’s Health? Learn the answer by reading about some of our brave patients:
Our Pediatric Surgeons
Performing thousands of surgeries each year, our board-certified pediatric surgeons have trained at some of the nation’s most renowned health care organizations. We join forces with other pediatric specialists in New Jersey to provide a unified plan for every patient.