COVID Recovery Center Rehabilitation Program
How to Access the COVID Rehabilitation Program
Individuals can access the Post-COVID Rehabilitation Program in two ways:
- From the hospital. Individuals who have been hospitalized due to COVID-19 can be transferred from the inpatient unit to the outpatient Post-COVID Rehabilitation Program.
- From the community. Individuals who received a positive test for COVID-19, are no longer positive and are still experiencing symptoms or complications after infection are also eligible to participate in the outpatient program. Individuals may participate in the program with or without a history of hospitalization due to COVID-19.
Our Rehabilitation Team
Post-COVID Rehabilitation Program team members include:
- Sara Cuccurullo, M.D., Clinical Professor and Chairman, Residency Program Director, Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, and Medical Director and Vice President, JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- Talya Fleming, M.D., Medical Director of the Aftercare Program and Stroke Recovery Program, JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- Leslie Bagay, M.D., Director of Cancer Rehabilitation, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist, and Assistant PM&R Residency Program Director, JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
- Ofure Luke, M.D., Director of Consult Service-St. Peter’s University Hospital, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist, JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery after COVID-19.