Women's Heart Fund
Women’s Heart Fund
The mission of the Women’s Heart Fund (WHF) is to champion women’s health issues in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex counties and to facilitate learning and engagement with the larger Hackensack Meridian Health community. First and foremost, the WHF is deeply committed to education about the importance of women’s health; we therefore aspire to engage women at the Board level who will serve as powerful influencers and conveners in the communities we serve. Through our outreach work and events, the WHF seeks to increase philanthropy each year for women’s health programs, services, and technology as well as other Hackensack Meridian Health funding priorities.
For more information, to become a member, or to support the annual fund, please contact Stephanie Giordano at 732-751-5165.
SAVE THE DATE 2019
Women’s Heart Fund Annual Reception
The Women’s Heart Fund annual cocktail reception will take place on Friday, May 31, 2019 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at Bay Head Yacht Club, in Bay Head, New Jersey, one of the oldest yacht clubs in the United States with breathtaking and unparalleled views of the Barnegat Bay.
The annual reception will feature an array of fine foods, spirits and live music with cocktail attire, a 50/50 raffle, a golf raffle and a virtual advertising journal. As the exclusive event for the Women’s Heart Fund in 2019, we hope you will join us as we celebrate our community and help further our mission.
For more information, please call 732-751-5101 or email email@example.com.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Since its inception, the Women’s Heart Fund has raised more than $700,000 for Hackensack Meridian Health programs and services. The funds have been used for a variety of needs including; vascular screening equipment for AngioScreen®, scholarships for nurses, a peaceful waiting area in the CardioVascular Intensive Care Unit at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Community LifeSavers programming to train young people in CPR, a Community Health van used daily to transport health screening equipment to high-risk groups, sending key health care providers to an educational integrative medicine conference titled “Health Kitchens, Healthy Lives”, and the construction of the Center for Survivorship and Wellness Care at HOPE Tower.
The Women’s Heart Fund is proud to have provided the following support:
- 2017-2018 The Center for Survivorship and Wellness Care at HOPE Tower Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- 2016 Educational Integrative Medicine conference titled “Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives” for key health care providers throughout our health network.
- 2015 Funding the Community of Life Savers program which trains high school students in CPR and the use of an AED
- 2014—2015 Funding the waiting area in the new CardioVascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- 2013 Portable Vascular Screening Module and subsidizing the cost of the Angio screening for people in underserved communities
- 2012 Portable Vascular Screening Module
- 2011 Pediatric Cardiology Program
- 2010 Meridian Nursing Scholarships for Cardiac Care
- 2009 Meridian Nursing Scholarships for Cardiac Care and contribution to Ocean Medical Center for STEMI equipment
- 2008 Equipped MONOC Ambulances with STEMI EKG equipment
- 2007 Pathways to a Healthy Heart handbook
You can mail a contribution to:
Hackensack Meridian Health
Meridian Health Foundation
1340 Campus Parkway
Building C, Unit 4
Neptune, NJ 07753
Women’s Heart Fund Board Members
Heidi Maggs*, Chair
Alyssa McKenna, Vice Chair
Lauren Harms-Kreig, Treasurer
Patty Micale, Secretary
Dr. Lori Bogdan
Vita Kolber*+ (Emeritus)
Paulette Roberts* (Emeritus)
Nancy Seidenstein (Emeritus)*
Kerrie (Wagner) Debbs (Emeritus)*+