Center for Breastfeeding
The Center for Breastfeeding at Meridian Health Village in Jackson is open for appointments on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointments can be made by calling the Breastfeeding Warmline at 732-776-3329.
Center for Breastfeeding services are located in suite 2-20. Most convenient parking and access are through ENTRANCE C by Meridian Urgent Care. From entrance C, suite 2-20 is located on the second floor.
We recognize that you may still need support and expert advice after you go home with your baby especially while breastfeeding. Our Center for Breastfeeding provides comprehensive outpatient lactation services by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants to assist you during this time. Prenatal consults are also available.
Our mission is to promote, support and protect the breastfeeding relationship between mother and baby, and provide the necessary assistance and instruction to achieve this goal. We believe that we can accomplish this through providing information, education, evaluation and management.
Our Outpatient Breastfeeding Center is staffed by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) under the direction of an expert physician who specializes in Breastfeeding Medicine. The Center is designed to assess and treat both mother and baby at the same visit and consultation is by appointment only.
Outpatient lactation consultation services include:
- General assessment of mother and baby for breastfeeding management
- Evaluation of breast milk intake during feeding
- Feeding strategies to support successful lactation
- Assistance with establishing good milk supply
- Assistance with breastfeeding premature babies or multiple births
- Managing sore nipples and other sources of breast discomfort during feedings
- Evaluation of low/slow weight gain in baby
- Preparation for return to work – pumping management
- Re-establishing milk supply/ breastfeeding after interruption
- Treatment of engorgement, plugged duct, thrush or mastitis