Palliative Care – Red Bank
Our mission at the Center for Integrated Palliative Medicine (CIPM) practice is to provide support, symptom management, and encouragement for individuals dealing with a serious illness.
The CIPM team seeks to improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones by offering a team approach to dealing with the physical symptoms and emotional stress of a serious illness. Our outpatient practice makes available services that have typically been reserved for an inpatient setting in a hospital or rehabilitation facility.
The focus of our approach is not solely on the patient. Our practice serves as a bridge linking communication between you and your other health care providers. The CIPM team is accessible for your family and caregivers for support and education. We create a comfortable environment where the varied needs of individuals can be successfully met.
Our fully integrated care coordination program is tailored to meet your individual needs and improve your quality of life. We take care in acknowledging the different physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs of every patient.
Our goals and mission:
- To help manage and control symptoms
- Pain, shortness of breath, difficulty sleeping, nausea, loss of appetite, etc.
- Offer resources and education
- Insurance assistance, financial issues, home care, support groups, transportation, etc.
- Provide emotional support
- Assist with feelings of anger, sadness, frustration, fear, loneliness, etc.
- Advance care planning
- Education and assistance with Advance Directives, Living Will, POLST, etc.
- Encourage quality of life
- Advocacy, involvement, communication, education
Our practice looks forward to accompanying you on your journey to a better quality of life.
Palliative care is helpful for patients with advanced illnesses, including, but not limited to:
- Cancer (metastatic/recurrent)
- Advanced cardiac disease
- Advanced COPD
- Kidney failure
- Liver failure
Other indications for referral to palliative care for those patients with advanced illnesses:
- Help with complex decision-making and determination of goals of care
- Unmet psychosocial or spiritual issues
- Support for family/caregivers
- Conflict regarding goals of care
- Frequent visits to the Emergency Department (more than once a month for the same diagnosis)
- More than one hospital admission for the same diagnosis within 30 days
- Prolonged length of stay (more than five days) without evidence of progress
- Prolonged stay in ICU setting without evidence of progress
1 Riverview Plaza
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Monday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
425 Jack Martin Boulevard
1140 Route 72 West
19 Davis Avenue
1 Riverview Plaza