Pediatrics – Academic Practice – Hackensack
In today’s changing world, our team of dedicated physicians and staff understand what it takes to provide children with the latest and highest-quality medical care.
Our experienced residents and staff truly values your child’s health concerns and is committed to delivering high quality care to our pediatric community.
Our practice, part of Hackensack Meridian Health Medical Group and Hackensack University Medical Center, functions as an academic practice.
Here, our highly qualified resident doctors provide comprehensive, compassionate care to children from birth to age 21 years, while receiving supervision and ongoing education by Eric Weber, M.D., Director of the Pediatric Continuity Program at Hackensack University Medical Center and a board certified pediatrician at Hackensack Meridian Health Medical Group. Fluent in Spanish and English, Dr. Weber has extensive experience in caring for children and families with a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds.
Together, our care team collaborates to provide the highest quality care for your child, including treatment and management for both for acute illnesses and chronic conditions. We strive to have the same provider see your child regularly in order to best get to know your child as a whole, as well as to closely follow your child’s growth, development, and to provide ongoing preventive care and health advice.
- Well exams for newborns to 21-year-olds
- Same day sick visits
- Sports physicals
- Asthma and allergy maintenance
- Immunizations and vaccinations, regardless of insurance
*In accordance with the evidence-based American Academy of Pediatrics’ vaccination schedule
- Coordination of care for acute and chronic health conditions, premature infants and other children with complex medical needs
- Connections and support with social services, mental/behavioral health care and much more!
What is a Resident Physician?
“Resident” physicians are licensed doctors (M.D./D.O.) who have completed their medical school training and are continuing to perfect their expertise under a supervising physician.
Why Choose a Resident Practice?
- Our practice is integrated with Hackensack University Medical Center. Our resident doctors work face-to-face with the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital’s subspecialists, and our shared medical record system allows for fast care coordination across the hospital network.
- Our doctors are trained in the most up-to-date pediatric care, and we will spend more time discussing your child’s care in depth. We are dedicated to helping children with complex medical conditions, learning issues and mental/behavioral health needs.
- You can schedule with the same doctor every visit so that we can best get to know your child as a whole to help you maximize your child’s development and to provide optimal preventive care and health advice.
- Newborns to to 5-year-olds get a free book at every check-up.
- We can connect you with a variety of local support organizations, including those that can provide free in-home guidance for new moms, abuse counseling, urgent mental health consultation and many other social services.
- We perform most tests and lab draws in-office for your convenience
- Prenatal “Open House” is held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. so expecting parents can drop in to meet Dr. Weber and our bilingual staff.
Who can see us?
- All patients from newborns to 21-year-olds
- We now accept Medicaid Horizon NJ FamilyCare, Medicaid Aetna Better Health of NJ and most private insurances. We also accept and can provide information on how to apply for Hackensack’s Charity Care program for the uninsured.
385 Prospect Avenue
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Monday: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
*When calling, please ask our receptionist to schedule an appointment with one of the resident doctors working with Dr. Eric Weber. Your appointment will be booked under the resident doctor’s name. Each visit includes a comprehensive evaluation by the resident doctor, and your child will also be seen by Dr. Eric Weber or his co-supervisor, Dr. Timothy Watkins.