Getting Ready for your MyChart Video Visit
MyChart Video Visits
Getting ready for your MyChart Video Visit via desktop or laptop computer
Congratulations! You are scheduled for a video visit through your Hackensack Meridian Health MyChart. Below are some tips to make the visit go smoothly.
Joining from a desktop computer or laptop
- Avoid using a work-issued device. Some employers block the ability to download software to use this service.
- Google Chrome is the best browser to use. However, Firefox and Internet Explorer/Edge also will work.
In just four easy steps, you’ll be connected:
- Log in to MyChart.
- Go to Appointments and Visits. Click Details, next to Upcoming Visits.
- Select Begin Video Visit. The button will be green 30 minutes before your visit to give you time to set up.
- If this is your first time using Video Visits, you’ll have to install Vidyo. It’s the software so you and your doctor can see each other. Join via the browser.
- Verify your name and join!
So What Should I Expect When My Visit Begins?
You’ll see a split screen with some controls along the bottom for volume and chatting.
Joining from an iPhone/iOS or Android device
- Avoid using a work-issued device. Some employers block the ability to download apps to use this service.
- You will need to download two apps
- Vidyo Connect app, the Video Service that allows you and your doctor to see each other
- HMH Well app, which has MyChart access to start and conduct your visit
In just four easy steps, you’ll be connected.
Note: On the VidyoConnect app, do not open. You’ll open from MyChart in HMHWell.
- Download and install the Vidyo Connect app and the HMHWell App for iPhone/iOS
- Download and install the Vidyo Connect App and the HMHWell App for Android
- Open HMH Well app, sign in to your MyChart and select appointments and the Details of the Visit
- Select Begin Video Visits. It will be ready 30 minutes before your visit for you to work out any issues.