Our Orthopedic Center of Excellence provides the following:
- Trauma program: offers exceptional inpatient care for adults recovering from major trauma, including motor vehicle crashes and severe falls.
- Joint replacement program: Offers personalized interdisciplinary plans of medical care and rehabilitative therapy to maximize patients function so they can return to the things they enjoy.
- Amputee program: offers an integrated approach to amputee treatment, care and rehabilitation. The program focuses on improving patient comfort and outcomes by providing a model of care that begins with coordination and planning prior to surgery, through healing and recovery.
- Wheelchair Clinic: provides for the evaluation and determination of appropriate custom manual and power wheelchairs for individuals with disabilities and physical functional challenges.
- Medical Director of Rehab Services/physiatrist present in subacute daily
- Outpatient therapy
- Scheduled times for physical therapy sessions
- Scheduled follow up appointments prior to patient discharge
CVA/Neurology Rehabilitation program: provides comprehensive rehabilitation and medical management for individuals who have had a stroke or for those with Neurological diseases. The program offers a hands-on approach to facilitate functional movements and natural gait patterns, utilizing the least restrictive therapy devices.
Spasticity Management: including medications, splinting and Botox injections
The WalkAide® System Evaluation Clinic: provides for the assessment and clinical evaluation of the electrical stimulation WalkAide device that improves walking ability of patients who exhibit foot drop due to Brain or Spinal diseases or Trauma, such as Stroke (CVA), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Brain Tumor, or Cerebral Palsy (CP).