Short-Term Inpatient Rehabilitation
Hackensack Meridian Health’s short-term inpatient rehabilitation facilities provide acute and subacute care that returns patients to their highest level of functioning after injury, illness or surgery.
At Hackensack Meridian Health’s inpatient rehabilitation facilities, our goal is to help you return to your highest level of functioning as quickly as possible and provide support as you transition from the hospital to home. Our dedicated team of medical professionals provides intensive, multidisciplinary short-term rehab and nursing care in a comfortable, compassionate setting.
Our rehabilitation and skilled nursing specialists develop individualized care plans that use the latest therapeutic techniques and methods to promote physical healing. Our facilities also offer pleasant, home-like accommodations, a full range of convenient amenities and a variety of activities to heal the mind and spirit.
Patients at our short-term inpatient rehabilitation facilities also have access to the full continuum of senior living and health care services offered through Hackensack Meridian Health’s facilities and providers. Our specialists will work together to develop a comprehensive discharge plan to help you stay safe and healthy at home or transition to a long-term skilled nursing facility or hospital for further care, if needed.
From the Hospital to Home
The caring staff at Hackensack Meridian Health’s inpatient rehab facilities develop personalized care plans for each patient to help them recover as safely, quickly and completely as possible after illness, injury or surgery.
Comprehensive Amenities and Services
From nursing care and physical, occupational and speech therapy to convenient amenities and enjoyable activities, our inpatient rehabilitation facilities promote healing of the mind, body and spirit.
Conditions We Treat
With a focus on skilled clinical and nursing care, our acute and subacute rehab specialists help patients recover after experiencing a variety of illnesses, injuries and health events, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other respiratory conditions
- Major surgery
- Cerebrovascular incidents, such as stroke
- Intravenous therapy
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Debilitating illnesses
- Post-acute brain trauma
- Balance disorders
- Extended hospital stays
Short-Term Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Hackensack Meridian Health’s inpatient rehab facilities offer a full range of tests and treatments designed to restore health, physical functioning and independence. Tests and therapies include:
- Physical therapy. After evaluating your physical functioning, movement and pain level, your physical therapist will recommend a plan of care to improve mobility. Therapies may include modalities, exercises and manual techniques, as well as education in body mechanics and posture. Physical therapy may also include assistive device training with walkers, canes or crutches, fall prevention techniques, stair training and prosthetic training.
- Occupational therapy and hand therapy. Occupational and hand therapy help you to develop and maintain the skills you need for daily living, including grooming, bathing and dressing. Occupational therapy may also involve teaching you how to make changes to your living environment or how to use special devices or equipment to make daily activities easier. Our expert occupational therapists help you adapt to your limitations and live as independently as possible.
- Vestibular rehabilitation. Through this innovative, unique program, our specially trained therapists employ techniques to treat dizziness and balance deficits that prevent normal functioning and mobility.
- Speech therapy. Our highly trained speech-language pathologists provide evaluation and treatment for adults who have speech, language or cognitive impairments, as well as oral-feeding or swallowing disorders.
- Neurodiagnostic testing. Our medical practitioners conduct a variety of diagnostic tests, including evoked potentials, electromyography (EMG) and electroencephalogram (EEG) tests, to diagnose conditions affecting the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Audiological therapy. Our audiology team – which includes a licensed and certified audiologist – is dedicated to improving quality of life by diagnosing and treating hearing disorders and providing audiological services for newborns through older adults.
- Aquatic therapy. Combining aquatic exercise and physical therapy in a virtually weightless water environment allows patients to work out and expedite healing with reduced pain from movement.
- Continence training. Our continence training program aims to help adults gain bladder control without surgery, using proven techniques such a pelvic muscle exercise, biofeedback, electrical stimulation and bladder retraining.
Additional services include:
- Skilled clinical and nursing care
- Specialized care from rehabilitative medicine physicians
- Wound care
- Discharge planning and coordination of at-home care, such as outpatient rehabilitation, visiting nurse services and in-home medical equipment
- Transition assistance for patients who need hospital or skilled nursing care
- On-site palliative and hospice care, if needed
Accommodations and Amenities
Patients in our short-term inpatient rehabilitation facilities have access to all the comforts of home. Our facility offers private and semi-private rooms with bathrooms and a variety of amenities, services and activities, including:
- Free Wi-Fi in patient rooms and common areas
- Flat screen TVs in subacute rooms
- Safety features, such as an emergency call system for residents, baths with safety bars and smoke detector and sprinkler systems
- Community lounges with televisions
- Daily housekeeping and linen service
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heating
- Ample closet space
- Restaurant-style dining overseen by a registered dietitian
- Healthy bistro-style snacks available 24/7
- On-site barber and beautician
- Summer barbecues and dining
- Monthly birthday parties
- A beautiful outdoor courtyard with raised flowerbeds designed for hands-on gardening
- Pet therapy
- Computers with Internet access
- Educational events
- Access to social workers and spiritual support representatives
Our Healing Team
The caring, compassionate staff members at Hackensack Meridian Health’s short-term inpatient rehabilitation facilities have been carefully assembled and specially trained to meet each patient’s unique physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. Our team includes:
- Rehabilitation medicine physicians
- Experienced registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Specially trained wound care nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Certified activity professionals
- State-licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Certified social workers
- Registered dietitians
- Spiritual support representatives