Reduce Your Risk with Regular Screenings
Early detection saves lives, and testing yourself for colon cancer is now easier and more accurate. Hackensack Meridian Cancer Care offers a do-it-yourself kit that allows you to collect your stool sample in the privacy of your home.
How Does It Work?
The sample is collected in the privacy of your home and the test is developed at laboratories or medical professional offices. Your personal kit will include:
- Instructions for Use
- Test Card
- Brush Kit consisting of two brushes and waste bags
- Return Envelope
The at home kit detects if there is any hidden blood in your stool. If blood is found, you will be contacted by a nurse navigator to discuss next steps. We recommend that you take advantage of our easy, painless kit if you are:
- Have had rectal bleeding or polyps
- Family history of colorectal cancer
- Have not had a colorectal screening in 5+ years
Should I Take It?
Men and women 50 or older need to ask their doctor what type of screening test is right for them. You should get a colonoscopy test if you have any of these risk factors:
- A family history of colon cancer
- A previous diagnosis
- Related diseases of the colon and rectum