Get Cardiovascular Care Now
Hackensack Meridian Health is providing all services for heart and vascular care. We have implemented new safety practices:
- Non-COVID-19 patients are treated in areas that are separate from any COVID-19 patients, including in the Emergency Departments.
- Specially-designated entrances at our hospitals for certain procedures and services.
- Monitoring the temperature of all patients, visitors, team members and physicians who enter our facilities, requiring masks for everyone, and testing all patients staying at our hospitals.
- Rigorously cleaning and sanitizing all Hackensack Meridian facilities, including the use of ultraviolet (UV) light cleaning and fogging. We have engaged a nationally recognized, third-party organization to oversee these significant efforts, including the testing of air, water and surfaces to make sure they’re safe for our patients and team members.
- Practicing social distancing throughout our facilities and wherever possible.
We provide a complete range of heart and vascular services, including:
- Emergency life-saving procedures
- Testing and diagnosis
- Electrophysiology (Abnormal Heart Rhythm)
- Cardiac Catheterization & Interventional Cardiology
- Diagnostic and Interventional Capabilities
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Surgery
- Cardio-Oncology Program
- Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Vascular Procedures
- Comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation
- CT Calcium Scoring
We bring together the expertise of over 450 heart and vascular specialists at 17 state-of-the-art hospitals throughout New Jersey.
Many of our physicians are utilizing video chat and phone calls to evaluate certain patient conditions, so discuss those options with your physician as well.
We are pleased to provide educational sessions to help our community members navigate through these uncertain times. Webinar recordings of each program will be added periodically, so we encourage you to check back regularly. Register online for upcoming webinars.
What is the process being used to schedule procedures?
Working within the state guidelines to gradually ramp up and increase our services, physicians and hospital leaders have developed a comprehensive process for scheduling patient surgeries and procedures. We are expanding hours and will prioritize patients with severe symptoms that impact their daily life.
My procedure was cancelled during the pandemic. How will I know when it will be rescheduled?
Your physician’s office will let you know the status of your new surgery date. Please feel free to reach out to your doctor’s office if you have not yet received an update regarding scheduling.
Can I bring someone with me to the hospital when I have my procedure?
Visitation at all our hospitals is consistent with directives from the state of New Jersey and guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone in the hospital. The most current visitation policy can be found here.
Will my procedure require an overnight stay in the hospital?
In many cases, patients can go home the same day as their procedure. Patients are monitored and evaluated in the recovery area to ensure they are well enough to go directly home. If it is necessary to stay overnight in the hospital, cardiovascular patients will stay in a designated area with no interaction with COVID patients or caregivers.
Where can I have preadmission testing?
Your preadmission testing can be done at any Hackensack Meridian Health facility, even if it is not the same location where your heart or vascular procedure will take place. All locations are practicing strict safety protocols.
Can my procedure be performed if I am currently diagnosed with COVID-19?
Due to increased health risks, only an urgent or emergency procedure will be performed for individuals who are actively diagnosed with COVID-19. Notify your cardiologist immediately if you become ill with COVID-19 or another condition.
Are doctors’ offices open?
Yes, doctors’ offices are open and taking special precautions for the safety of patients and staff. Please check with your physician to verify how they are accommodating in-office visits, as well as the option of telemedicine appointments.