Resources for Staying Well
Spiritual Care During COVID-19 is a resource created to support you, both emotionally and spiritually as you navigate through the personal and professional challenges of this unprecedented time. We are committed to providing exceptional care, and are committed to supporting your health and well-being in every possible way. Our network chaplains worked to provide Spiritual Care resources that explore the full spectrum of emotions, from grief and fear to hope and purpose.
These five areas of Spiritual Care are designed to help you persevere complex emotions and find support through sources of spiritual strength.
5 Categories of Spiritual Care
- Grief: Dealing with overwhelming illness, sadness and death
- Fear: Fear of the unknown. At this time, this involves the coronavirus and the uncertainty it brings into our lives
- Hope: How to maintain resiliency in our time of crisis
- Faith & Inner Peace: Allowing faith to guide you through difficult times, opening up to “let go and let be” to a higher power
- Meditation, Gratitude & Purpose: Practicing inner balance – mind, body and soul.
Resources include the following:
- Video, Audio and Written Content
- Spiritual representatives throughout the Hackensack Meridian Health community have shared inspirational interpretations related to hope, faith and inner peace, fear, grief and gratitude/meditation/purpose. We hope you may find comfort and strength in their written and spoken words.
- Faith and Inner Peace
- Meditation, Gratitude & Purpose
Hackensack Meridian Health offers several options to help you take care of your emotional well-being during this time of crisis.
Caring and confidential help is available 24/7
- If you are having difficulty coping with the anxiety and hardships you may encounter each day when caring for our COVID-19 patients, please be assured that Hackensack Meridian Health has a new resource to support you during this crisis.
- Staffed by Behavioral Health specialists from across our network (psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, and licensed counselors), the support line is a key resource for caring, with the confidential support needed during the COVID-19 crisis.
COPING WITH COVID TALKS
Groups led by the HMH Behavioral Health Team aimed at maintaining well-being and coping with stress during this difficult time.
Let us help you be your best.
These group talks are:
- Focused on evidence-based techniques to build resiliency and protect health care providers
- Conducted at a day/time that works best for your team
- Tailored to the needs of your team (any type of HMH team welcome)
- Brief 20-30 minutes in length
- Can be anonymous (via BlueJeans)
If you are interested in setting up a Coping with Covid Talk for your team, please email CopingwithCovid@HackensackMeridian.org.
Employee Assistance Program
Contact Life Solutions by using this link, using our company ID: HMHEAP
- If your fears and anxiety begin to interfere with your daily functioning, please call Life Solutions, our Employee Assistance Program.
- Families can take advantage of five (5) no cost counseling session to help address stress, relationship and other personal issues they may face including anxiety and depression, relationship/marital conflicts and alcohol and substance abuse. EAP is staffed by highly trained master’s and doctoral level clinicians who will listen to your concerns and refer you to in-person counseling and other resources.
- The WeCare program is a confidential program dedicated to providing support for clinicians who are coping with emotional aftershock, mental stress and/or grief due to a situation they encountered at work, such as an unintended patient outcome, exposure to a traumatic incident, or concerns about COVID-19. This program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide peer-to-peer support.
The Bravo platform is mobile optimized and can be used via tablet or smartphone to access resources to help with stress reduction, home workouts, nutrition, finances and more!
- Visit the web site
- Login or create an account and go to challenges or resources
- Download in the app store
- Apple Devices
- Google Devices
- Under company URL type in HMH
- Login or create an account
- Go to challenges or resources
Virtual Integrative Health and Medicine Visits
The Integrative Health and Medicine team provides online visits to help manage stress.
- Health Psychologists
- Learn more: Our health psychologists specialize in working with people who experience stress which affects overall health and wellness and those with health problems.
- They work with caregivers and medical professionals who are experiencing burnout. Health Psychologists use a strength-based approach and implement empirically supported mind-body interventions.
- Ten Percent Corona Virus Sanity Guide
- Recognizing and supporting health care workers in the COVIC-19 pandemic, Ten Percent Happier is offering free access to the app.
- Headspace is offering free subscriptions to healthcare providers with an NPI number through 2020.
- Calm offers multiple free meditations, music and soundscapes.
- Psychological First Aid
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology developed a free resource site that includes short videos demonstrating exercises anyone can do to help calm the nervous system, self soothe, and clear the mind. Along with the videos are written instructions in multiple language options.
- NJ Mental Health Cares
- The state’s behavioral health information and referral service will now also offer help to people dealing with anxiety and worry related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. New Jerseyans can call for free, confidential support with live trained specialists between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
- Meditation for Leadership
- Meditation4Leadership is offering a 13 week FREE introduction to meditation. It's designed for those who want to get started but have always shied away from meditation
- Physician Support Line
- Free confidential peer support telehealth line by volunteer psychiatrists for US physician colleagues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coping with Stress During COVID-19
- In light of the current health crisis due to COVID-19, here are some remote resources and at-home activities to help cope with social distancing and self-quarantine
- Self-Care Tips for First Responders from CDC
- The CDC offers helpful tips and information to help first responders manage all stages of personal response to a crisis.
Addiction and Recovery Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Cocaine Anonymous Online Meeting Directory
- In the Rooms
- Life Ring
- Narcotics Anonymous
- The Phoenix
- Recorded Speakers: 12 Step Programs
- Refuge Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- Sober Grid
- WEconnect Health Management
- The COVID Coach app was created for everyone, including Veterans and Servicemembers, to support self-care and overall mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The app features:
- Education about coping during the pandemic
- Tools for self-care and to improve emotional well-being
- Trackers to check your mood and measure your growth toward personal goals
- Graphs to visualize progress over time
- This site offers A care package offering of poetry, podcasts, and meditations to accompany a time of crisis, for free to the health care community.
THANK YOU TO ALL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
- So many different companies just want to say thank you to the frontline. Here is a site that compiles some companies that have offered perks for you heroes.
Life doesn’t stop during a crisis. Hackensack Meridian Health is pleased to offer a little additional support for your personal needs.
- Contact Concierge Care: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Concierge Care program for patients is now offering complimentary personal assistance during this COVID-19 outbreak.
- Here is a sample of the type of services they can assist with:
- Household supply ordering
- Grocery delivery
- Sourcing errand running services
- Home cleaning services
- Hard to find items (calling stores in your area to check inventory – cleaning supplies, disinfectant, paper goods, water, batteries, generators, etc.)
- Activities for children at home
- Education and learning websites/apps for children
- Healthy meal ideas
- Home routines and schedule ideas
- In-home entertainment activities and options
- Providing ways to stay healthy & active
- WIFI options and information
- Meals/food options for children who may receive free or reduced school lunches
Please note that due to high demand, most stores and vendors are low on certain products and in some cases out of stock. Also, note that delivery times may be delayed as well. We will do our best to fulfill each request but cannot guarantee all items will be available.
Caring for self is always important – and essential right now – as you help our patients, and one another, through this crisis. Our Integrative Health and Medicine team offers several resources to help you manage stress by practicing mindful meditation and self-care. Whenever you can, take a moment to practice self-care. It is important to recharge and nurture your resiliency.
Mindful Moment Meditation
- 15-minute session
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 4 p.m., 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m.
- 15-minute session
- Monday – Friday: 10 a.m., 2 p.m., and 10 p.m.
- 30-minute session
- Tuesday and Thursday: Noon and 6 p.m.
Distant Group Reiki and Meditation
- 30-minute session
- Sunday: 6 p.m.
Accessing these sessions
- For guided meditation from our Integrative Health and Medicine team, in the moment, when you need it.
Virtual Integrative Health and Medicine Visits
- Health Coaches
- Learn More: The role of a health coach is to partner with clients to create and implement a plan for positive change towards optimal well-being. In addition to providing a structure of support and accountability, the coach will assist the client to generate solutions and strategies that are aligned with the larger context of their life, so they can experience sustainable lifestyle change.
- Integrative Nutrition
- Learn More: This is a great time to talk about healthy stress eating and nourishing comfort food! Integrative Nutrition is a patient-centered and personal approach to promoting a balanced lifestyle by utilizing food as medicine for healing and optimal health.
While you care for our patients, let us provide some resources to help you care for your loved ones.
- ChildCare for Essential Workers
- The N.J. Office of Children and Families (OCF) has published new resources for essential workers to use to identify certified childcare centers.
- 1-Month of Free, Premium Access for Healthcare Workers
- Care.com is providing 30 days of free, premium access to our site to support your important service to the community at this difficult time.
Free Programs for Children
Many organizations and sites are offering free online programs for children. We will continue to add to this list. Here are just a few great programs for school-age children:
- Disney: Stuck at Home? Kids can become Imagineers
- Kennedy Space Center: Science Lessons on Facebook Live
- Visit Mars!
- Houston Zoo: WebCam View
- Cape May Zoo: Virtual Zoo School
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: WebCam
- Nova Labs: Science for Teens
- SpaceRacers: Animated Science Learning PreK
- National Parks: Virtual Tours
- Museum Tours: Visit Famous Museums such as the Guggenheim
- Audible Stories: Audible is Offering FREE Audiobooks for Small Children and Teens
- COVID-19 Time Capsule
- GoPeer Tutoring
- Enter the code FREE120 (*use all capital letters) when creating your free parent or student account.
- GoPeer pairs vetted college students who attend top-tier universities with students between the ages of 5–18 for 1-to-1 tutoring lesson.
- GoPeer is giving 1,000 free hours of tutoring to students in the area and getting them is quick and easy (two free hours per family so many students can benefit).
Talking To Your Children About COVID-19
There are great resources available about talking to your children about and caring for your children during the COVID crisis.
- You can find a number of educational articles, graphics and videos on HMH’s HealthU website: HMHforU.org. New content is posted daily answering the public’s most common questions about COVID-19, such as: ‘Can You Get Coronavirus From Packages and Mail?’ or ‘Should I Babysit My Grandkids Amid Coronavirus Outbreak?’. You can also subscribe to the HealthU e-newsletter to get this information delivered to your inbox weekly.
- Our partners at Live Nation and PNC Bank Arts Center just launched Live From Home, an all-new virtual hub updated daily with live streams, content, and more to keep you connected to your favorite artists, straight from you living rooms.
- Comcast cable company recognizes not everyone is able to afford WIFI at home so they are offering an Internet Essential package for free to low income families for 60 days.
- If you live in the Optimum service area, please call 866.200.9522
- For households with K-12 and/or college students who do not currently have home internet access, Altice Advantage Internet solution is free for 60 days to any new customer household within their footprint. After your first two free months expire, you can either cancel the service (which you can do at any time) or keep it as a regular paying Altice Advantage Internet customer.
- Your fitness team at Tilton Fitness is working hard to put together a variety of options for you to stay physically active and healthy over the next few weeks while we battle COVID-19 together. Pick and choose a tip or workout each day and let us know how it is going on our social media pages. We would love to hear from you!
- You can take advantage of the following great classes and services:
- Customized Workouts: This is the GOLD Standard for what we are offering. This is a service that is usually fee-based, but we are offering these customized workouts FREE of charge while we are closed. Workout and Meal Tracking is also available.
- LIVE Classes and Nutrition Chats: We will be offering two LIVE exercise classes per day through Facebook LIVE: @tiltonfitness. We will be posting further schedules on our website and on social media.
- Workout of the Day: We will be posting a complete workout of the day with photos and explanations of each exercise. This can be found on our social media: Instagram and Facebook @tiltonfitness
- LesMills® Classes: LesMills® is one of the best group exercise classes available. Through our licensing partnership, we are able to offer pre-recorded LesMills® classes like BodyPump®, BodyCombat®, BodyFlow®, and many more!
- Kids’ Workouts: We know the kids need activity, too. We will post a Kids’ Workout video every day so you can participate when it’s best for your schedule.
- Healthy recipes: Our Registered Dietician will be posting healthy recipes every day. Look for exciting new ideas and tips on making some of your standard meals more healthy.
- Setting up an account is easy:
- In the lower left side of the login page, pick your state (New Jersey) and our club (Tilton Fitness) and enter your contact information and create a login password.
- Continue to follow the prompts until you are asked for a program code. Click “NO.”
- One of our Tilton Fitness professionals will be in touch with you to activate your account and schedule an introductory phone call and start to build your customized workout program.
Sticking to a healthy exercise routine is one of the best ways to manage stress and build a strong immune system.
- We were able to secure for our members several free home workout options. There are guided workouts for people of all fitness levels; including meditation to help manage stress. We are sure we could all use a little more of that right now!
- Please enjoy the 100+ workouts thanks to our Les Mills partner, as well as a large variety of workouts brought to you by our talented staff. And, follow us on Facebook and Instagram for additional workouts!
- Peloton is offering 90-day free app trial. You don't need a bike. Yoga, strength training, meditation and CARDIO !!!
- If you have Amazon Prime or an Amazon Firestick you have access to fitness videos ranging from children’s yoga to strength training to Zumba!
HMH Integrative Health and Medicine
For live information session on various integrative nutrition topics to promote optimal health and well-being, offered at:
- 30-minute sessions
- Tuesday and Thursday: Noon and 6 pm
- To join the meeting on a computer or mobile phone: https://bluejeans.com/5519965634?src=calendarLink
Local food banks are an essential community resource. Here is a full list for New Jersey.
- Bergen County Food Pantries
- Burlington County Food Pantries
- Essex County Food Pantries
- Hudson County Food Banks, Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- Hunterdon County Food Pantries
- Mercer County Food Resources
- Middlesex County Food Banks
- Monmouth and Ocean County Mobile Pantry Sites
- Monmouth County Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- Morris County Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- Ocean County Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County or Somerset County Food Pantries
- Sussex County Resources
- Passaic County Food Pantries
- Union County Food Pantries
- Warren County Food Pantry List
- Takes perfect comfort food recipes and makes them healthier.
- Use these tips in Business Insider from a nutritionist on how to prepare healthy food for quarantine and healthy stress eating.