Get Orthopedics Health Care Now
We’re Ready to Get You Back to a Safe, Active Lifestyle
Hackensack Meridian Health facilities are performing orthopedic procedures, including elective surgeries. We offer the same commitment to high-quality and compassionate care, and have enhanced our safety processes with the following actions:
- Non-COVID-19 patients are treated in areas that are separate from any COVID-19 patients, including in the Emergency Departments.
- Specially designated entrances at our hospitals for certain procedures and services
- Monitoring the temperature of all patients, visitors, team members and physicians who enter our facilities, requiring masks for everyone, and testing all patients staying at our hospitals.
- Rigorously cleaning and sanitizing all Hackensack Meridian facilities, including the use of ultraviolet (UV) light cleaning and fogging. We have engaged a nationally recognized, third-party organization to oversee these significant efforts, including the testing of air, water and surfaces to make sure they’re safe for our patients and team members.
- Practicing social distancing throughout our facilities and wherever possible.
We provide a complete range of orthopedic services, including:
- Pain Management
- Robotics and Navigation Technology (including the ROSA Robot, Mako System and Think Surgical TSolution One System)
- Prevention and Rehabilitation
Don’t Put Off the Care You Need
Many musculoskeletal disorders and injuries can get in the way of being active again. This may include issues with your bones, joints, muscles and sports injuries. If you suffer from chronic pain, stiffness, loss of motion, unstable walking or an injury that isn’t improving, don’t put off care. Speak with an orthopedic expert to explore treatment options.
Are hospitals and surgical centers now performing orthopedic procedures?
Hospitals, surgical centers and physicians have returned to performing orthopedic surgeries and procedures. All procedures are being done under strict guidelines and safety protocols to protect patients and staff.
My orthopedic surgery was cancelled due to COVID-19. When can it be rescheduled?
Patient procedures and surgeries are now being rescheduled. Speak with your surgeon’s office to understand when your procedure can take place. Your doctor will
How long should I wait to visit an orthopedic expert?
It’s understandable to be nervous about being in medical settings, but you can have confidence in the special measures that doctors and hospitals are taking to keep you safe from COVID-19. Don’t unnecessarily delay seeing a doctor again because you could develop greater problems if ignored. If you experience increasing pain, progressive neurologic symptoms, loss of feeling or loss of strength, it is important to check in with your physician. Many doctors even offer telemedicine visits for certain appointments.
Is it safe to remain in the hospital after surgery?
Some procedures do not require an overnight stay, and patients go home the same day of their surgery. If your surgery does require an overnight stay, you will be cared for on a patient unit that does not have any COVID patients or staff treating COVID patients.
Do I have to go to a rehabilitation facility after surgery?
Many patients can go directly home after their hospital stay instead of going to a rehabilitation facility for recovery. In fact, this has been the recommended pathway even before COVID-19. Hackensack Meridian Health’s home care services can help with any needs you may require at home in the weeks following your surgery. Care coordinators in the hospital as well as the physician’s office can assist with coordination of care after surgery.
What should I do about physical therapy?
Physical therapy is an important part of the recovery process and is recommended for the best outcomes. Many physical therapy facilities are open and providing services under careful safety guidelines.
Many of our physicians are utilizing video chat and phone calls for some patient appointments, so discuss those options with your physician as well.