How to Apply for Our Program
Thank you for your interest the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Mountainside Medical Center in Montclair, NJ.
We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and every application submitted is reviewed.
Every application downloaded into ERAS for our program is reviewed. Due to the high volume of applicants, we do not accept phone calls or faxes regarding positions, interviews or criteria. Interviews are scheduled via the e-mail address you provide in ERAS. Our interview time frame is approximately November thru January. Unfortunately, we are unable to invite all who apply to join to our program. However, we guarantee that every applicant will receive careful consideration by our review committee.
- US citizenship or Green Card (unfortunately we cannot sponsor any visas; e.g. J1, F1, H1b…)
- Graduation within the last five years from a medical school accredited by the LCGME or an international school recognized by the World Health Organization
- Successful completion of USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK/CS with ECFMG certification prior to start of residency
Interns of the Year
The Application Process
Apply through ERAS before January 5th. We are made aware of ERAS updates as you download, so there is no need to contact us.
Your application should contain:
- A copy of your medical school diploma (if graduated)
- Dean’s letter of recommendation
- Three additional letters of recommendation from physicians who know the quality of your clinical work
- Your curriculum vitae
- Any clinical experience (which is helpful but not necessary)
We do not offer externships or observerships.