Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: March 31, 2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
Thank you for visiting Hackensack Meridian Health’s website.
1. Not Medical Advice. The information provided on the Site is for educational purposes only and is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between patient/site visitor and his/her physician. The information on this Site is not intended to constitute medical advice or replace the medical advice of your doctor or healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
2. Compliance with Law. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal or international laws in using or accessing this Site.
3. Site Use and Content. You may view, download, copy or print a single copy of any page from our Site for personal, non-commercial purposes, provided you do not remove, modify, or alter any copyright or proprietary rights notices that may appear on the Site. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, print, display, distribute, publish or sell any portion of our Site without our express prior written consent. You may not use any portion of this Site, including any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, designs, audio, video or any other information on the Site (the “Content”) for any commercial purpose. In using our Site, you additionally agree (a) not to create a browser or border environment, or graphical user interface around the Site; (b) not to interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site, or the servers or networks that host the Site or make the materials available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks; (c) not to interfere with or violate other Site users’ right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about users without their express consent, including using any robot, spider, crawler, site search or retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index and/or data-mine information; (d) not to impersonate any person or entity or provide false personal information or business information, for the purpose of receiving the materials provided on this Site or gaining unlawful access to it; (e) not to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including without limitation, with Hackensack Meridian Health, or express or imply that Hackensack Meridian Health endorses or is in any way affiliated with you or any statement you make, or present any false information about this Site; (f) not to transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the materials or content on this Site, any virus, “worm”, “Trojan horse”, “time bomb”, “web bug”, spyware, or any other computer code, file, or program that is malicious by nature or defective, and may, or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component; (g) not to transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any right of any party, or otherwise use this Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and (h) not to share, post or publish any content through or on this Site which may be reasonably interpreted as disturbing, objectionable, obscene, abusive or offensive to others.
5. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER. IF THIS IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL EMERGENCY PERSONNEL (911) TO GET PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION. DO NOT RELY ON ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH THIS SITE FOR ASSISTANCE IN REGARD TO YOUR MEDICAL NEEDS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMMEDIATE, URGENT MEDICAL NEEDS.
7. DISCLAIMERS. MATERIALS, SERVICES AND OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BY Hackensack Meridian Health AND Hackensack Meridian Health MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, TITLE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. ALTHOUGH OUR HEALTH INFORMATION CONTENT IS REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS, Hackensack Meridian Health DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Hackensack Meridian Health DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THEREFORE Hackensack Meridian Health DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR FREE OF TECHNOLOGY DOWNTIMES OR UNAVAILABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Hackensack Meridian Health CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED USERS OR HACKERS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THIS SITE.
8. Discontinuance of Site. Hackensack Meridian Health reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue this Site or any page, functionality, feature or portion of this Site, at any time and without notice.
9. Intellectual Property. All trademarks, service marks, and logos and copyrights displayed and used in this Site are the property of Hackensack Meridian Health or their respective owners. Nothing on this Site may be construed as granting you any right or license to use any trademark or other intellectual property right without the written permission of its owner. The selection, arrangement, compilation and presentation of all information and materials on our Site are the exclusive property of Hackensack Meridian Health. You may not reproduce in any form or by any means (except as provided in Section 3 (“Site Use and Content”)) any information, materials or Content on our Site without Hackensack Meridian Health’s express written authorization. Neither the name of Hackensack Meridian Health, nor any of Hackensack Meridian Health’s trademarks, service marks or copyrighted material may be used in any way, including in any advertising, hyperlink, publicity or promotional materials, without Hackensack Meridian Health’s express written permission.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL Hackensack Meridian Health BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER MONETARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING FEES OR PENALTIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THIS SITE OR CONNECTIVITY TO OR FROM THIS SITE TO ANY OTHER SITE. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILIITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES; IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABLITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to the Hackensack Meridian Health Site or your use or reliance on this Site shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The parties agree to be bound and shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Middlesex County, New Jersey.
12. Username and Password. In the event you access any service on this Site requiring a username and password, you are solely responsible for keeping such username and password strictly confidential.
13. Inbound Links. You may not, under any circumstances, establish a link to the Hackensack Meridian Health website without the express written consent of the General Counsel of Hackensack Meridian Health, including but not limited to deep linking.
18. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit HMH’s Site, we automatically collect and store non-personally identifiable information such as data sent by your web browser. We also collect standard information about your computer, such as your web browser and operating system, and about your usage of our Site, such as pages visited, length of visit, and search queries. This information, which does not identify you personally, is aggregated and used to help diagnose problems and suggest areas for improving our Site.
22. Protected Health Information. Please read the full text of our Notice of Privacy Practices to understand how any Protected Health Information (“PHI”), as that term is defined in the Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA), that you submit via our Site will be treated.
23. Children. Except as otherwise indicated, Hackensack Meridian Health does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 18. The content of our Site is directed at adults, and therefore this Site is intended for use only by adults over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please consult a parent or guardian for help in using this Site.