Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Program at JFK University Medical Center
We understand losing weight can be physically and mentally challenging and you may struggle to achieve your desired outcome through diet and exercise. Or you may be trying to manage health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease, joint pain, sleep apnea, or infertility.
JFK for Life is a comprehensive surgical weight loss program. Our multidisciplinary team includes board-certified bariatric surgeons and nurses, a registered dietitian, and bariatric surgery support groups. Together they work to help you lose weight and build a healthier life.
The surgeries our program offers include:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Gastric Band Revisions
Committed to delivering the highest quality of care to our patients, we are accredited as a Level 1 facility under the national Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). Additionally, the JFK for Life Bariatric Surgery Program is an accredited:
- Healthgrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award
- Blue Cross Center of Distinction for Bariatrics
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Bariatrics
- Cigna Center of Excellence
Bariatric Surgery at JFK University Medical Center
Are you a candidate for bariatric surgery?
The common method for defining obesity is by using the Body Mass Index (BMI). You can calculate your BMI here: https://asmbs.org/patients/bmi-calculator.
According to the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), qualifications for bariatric surgery generally include:
- BMI ≥ 40, or more than 100 pounds overweight.
- BMI ≥ 35 and at least one or more obesity-related co-morbidities such as Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM), hypertension, sleep apnea, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, osteoarthritis, lipid abnormalities, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or heart disease.
- Inability to achieve a healthy weight loss sustained for a period of time with prior weight loss efforts.
We are committed to helping achieve your goals and become the healthiest version of you. Our team of expert surgeons is here for you every step of the way, and we’re ready to help you navigate this new phase of your life.
To attend a free virtual weight loss seminar, sign up online at HackensackMeridianHealth.org/Bariatrics.