Sports Medicine & Sports Injury Care
Specialized Concussion CentersOur state-of-the-art Concussion Centers provide individualized evaluation and treatment during the acute phase (1-5 days) after concussion or head injury in a medical model that maximizes recovery and reduces disability associated with head injury.
Sports PhysicalsWe offer a variety of locations across New Jersey where you can easily schedule a sports physical/pre-participation physical examination (PPE) from our network of physicians.
Request an Appointment Today
Sports Injury Conditions We Treat
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Cartilage injuries (meniscus tears and articular cartilage defects)
- Golfer's elbow
- Ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL & LCL injuries)
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder, foot, ankle and knee
- Peroneal tendon injuries
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder injuries
- Shoulder tendonitis and bursitis
- Tennis elbow
- Throwing injuries of the shoulder and elbow
- Bone marrow aspirate injections / stem cell treatments use your body’s natural ability to heal itself by using regenerative cells from your bone marrow to accelerate healing in osteoarthritis or tendon injuries.
- Fracture Management: Directed by a board-certified orthopedic traumatologist, our Fracture Management program provides care and treatment of complex fractures and is a residency training site for orthopedic trauma.
- Hydrotherapy exercises are an effective way to treat shoulder and elbow injuries.
- Integrative medicine options, such as massages and acupressure.
- Joint injections, when used in combination with rehabilitation therapy, can significantly reduce the need for surgery.
- Pain Management: We offer a wide variety of treatment options, from conservative drug therapies and epidural anesthesia to minimally invasive nerve stimulation techniques.
- Physical therapy & rehabilitation with advanced certified therapists.
- Platelet-rich plasma injections of your own blood help rebuild damaged tissue and treat joint pain after an acute injury, such as ligament and muscle injuries, tennis elbow and golfer's elbow.
- ACL Reconstruction
- Biceps repair and tenodesis surgery repairs the biceps tendon.
- Cartilage Resurfacing
- Labrum Repair
- Meniscus Surgery
- Patellar Realignment
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder resurfacing caps the upper arm bone with a smooth metal covering and replaces the shoulder blade socket with a strong plastic socket or tissue graft.
- Tommy John procedure repairs elbow ligaments with tendons from elsewhere in the body.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health
Our team of board-certified hand surgeons, wrist surgeons and support staff specialize in the most advanced orthopedic surgeries and treatments available and have received training from some of the top programs in the nation.
U.S. News & World Report has rated several of our adult orthopedic programs as high performing in the areas of hip and knee replacement.
Our unique brand of collaborative medicine pools the knowledge of surgical and non-surgical specialists together so we can provide you with the best possible care, treatment and outcomes.
Hackensack Meridian Center for Discovery & Innovation: Cutting-Edge Research for Orthopedic Care
Researchers at the Center for Discovery & Innovation (CDI) are collaborating with our orthopedic surgeons on innovations in orthopedic care and surgical procedures. One promising area of focus is restorative medicine, such as using stem cells to help manage orthopedic disorders.
“I’m in a high-demand job that requires a high-performing knee. After undergoing minimally invasive robotic knee-replacement surgery, I was able to get back to work.” — Tim Gallin, Stuntman in more than 300 movies and TV shows, Glen Rock, N.J.
Our board-certified sports medicine physicians have undergone advanced training in their specialty. All of our Sports Medicine specialists share the same goal: To provide you with the most effective treatment available and the fastest recovery possible so you can return to doing the things you love.