We Can Help Improve Quality of Life for Patients with Lung DiseaseOur pulmonary rehabilitation team can help to maintain or improve quality of life and independence for patients with lung disease. Our program combines medically prescribed and supervised exercise, education and support designed to meet each patient’s specific needs.
When to Seek Pulmonary RehabilitationWe care for patients with these lung conditions:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer or cancer surgery
- Lung transplant
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- Neuromuscular disease
- Occupational or environmental lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Respiratory failure
Treatment Options for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
We offer a full range of outpatient services designed to help patients achieve independence and improve quality of life. Our services include:
- Energy conservation techniques: We teach patients to complete daily activities in new ways, helping them to conserve energy and adapt to their condition.
- Exercise reconditioning: Through medically prescribed and supervised exercise, our patients increase lung capacity, strength and stamina.
- Nutritional counseling: Our registered dietitians provide information on healthy eating tailored to each patient’s condition, lifestyle, cultural needs and preferences.
- Pulmonary health education: Our specialists help patients understand their condition and take steps to manage risk factors.
- Psychological support and counseling: We assist patients with the emotional and mental health aspects of living with lung disease.
- Smoking cessation: Smoking is a leading risk factor for heart and lung disease, so we provide smoking cessation counseling to help patients quit.
Why Choose JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Our rehabilitation team includes physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, registered nurses, exercise physiologists, registered dieticians and rehabilitation psychologists, allowing patients to access a full range of treatments and services to meet their needs. Our specialists are leaders in pulmonary rehabilitation and follow the latest, evidence-based guidelines for lung disease care.
We offer outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation and additional supportive services, promoting seamless transitions between levels of care.
Our specialists are leading the way in caring for patients who are experiencing lung-related complications of COVID-19 through our COVID Recovery Center and outpatient COVID Rehabilitation Program.
COVID Recovery Center
New Jersey’s first center dedicated to assisting COVID-19 patients after their recovery.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery after COVID-19.