Spine Care at JFK University Medical Center
Spinal and back issues can deeply affect your quality of life. The team at JFK University Medical Center have the highest level of training and use the latest technology to understand, diagnose, treat and prevent life-altering spine issues.
With compassion and understanding, we provide complete care from prevention to rehabilitation.
Our spine specialists provide innovative care tailored to your condition, needs and preferences — including surgical and nonsurgical treatments including:
- Anterior and posterior cervical surgery
- Anterior and posterior lumbar fusions
- Cervical and lumbar radiculopathy
- Complex adult deformity correction
- Extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF)
- Intractable Pain Syndromes
- Laminectomy and decompression
- Minimally invasive fusions
- Minimally invasive surgery of the spine (MISS)
- Sacroiliac fusions
- Spinal cord stimulator trial and implantation
- Thoracic discectomies
- Tumor resections
Conditions We Treat
- Back pain
- Cervical and lumbar stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation/slipped disc
- Neck pain
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal tumors
Why Choose Us?
JFK University Medical Center has earned Healthgrades Neuroscience Excellence Award in 2022 and 2023.
JFK University Medical Center is one of only seven hospitals in the nation to use three-dimensional augmented reality to prepare and perform spinal surgery
JFK employs the largest number of female neurosurgeons in the HMH network.
Our spinal cord injury rehabilitation team treats patients who have had a complete or incomplete spinal cord injury below the fifth cervical vertebra who are not on a ventilator. Our program treats all aspects of spinal cord injury and related complications.
Meet the Team
Our spine specialists collaborate as a team with neurosurgeons, pain medicine physicians, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists and radiologists to determine the most appropriate plan of care for you. The team is led by Chief of Neurosurgery, Thomas C. Steineke, M.D.