Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Urology
Hackensack Meridian Health physicians and nurses provide patients with the most advanced and compassionate urology care in New Jersey and New York metro region. We specialize in a wide range of urologic disciplines, including urologic oncology, sexual dysfunction, infertility, stone disease, female urology and pediatric urology.
Our urologists are known worldwide for excellence in robotic surgery, performing more than 5,000 procedures in the past decade.
Urology: A Year of Firsts
2023 was a year of "firsts" for the Hackensack Meridian Hackensack University Medical Center Urology Department. Demonstrating our commitment to providing the best outcomes to those who trust us for their care
What Makes Us Leaders in Urology Care
The Department of Urology at Hackensack University Medical Center, a nationally ranked program by U.S. News & World Report, is renowned for its high-quality urologic care, including excellence in research and clinical outcomes.
- Ranked #27 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
- 11 years ranked as the Best Urology Department, and the only nationally ranked urology department in New Jersey, by U.S. News & World Report
- 6 subspecialties with fellowship-trained urologists
- 2 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Care Certifications in prostate cancer and kidney cancer
- 6 consecutive Magnet designations by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence
- Awards & Accreditations
- 30 IRB-approved protocols
- 11 ongoing clinical trials:
- 2 kidney cancer
- 5 bladder cancer
- 4 prostate cancer
- 24 peer-reviewed publications in 2023
- 16 research teams presented at national and international meetings in 2023
Robotic and Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leader in providing robotic and minimally invasive surgery for urology. Across the network, we have eight dedicated robotic surgical systems, including the Da Vinci SP® single-port robot, which provides surgeons with a magnified view of the surgical area and a greater range of motion.
Each year, we perform more than 1,000 advanced urologic robotic surgery procedures, making us one of the most experienced hospital systems in the country. All bladder cancer surgeries can be performed robotically, and nearly all kidney cancer surgeries can be performed using minimally invasive techniques.
Our award-winning team of renowned surgeons, physicians, researchers and other health care specialists are able to provide exceptional urological expertise, advancements and cutting-edge technology to develop a highly-personalized plan for each and every one of our patients.