6 COVID-Friendly Party Snacks
December 17, 2021
Many of us spent the 2020 holiday season away from our families due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year can be slightly different from last year, thanks to vaccines; some normality is on the horizon. Our new normal still dictates that we maintain social distance; take precautions like washing our hands and wearing masks, and, most importantly, get vaccinated.
Safe Ways to Host a Party During COVID
- Get vaccinated, and if you’re not fully vaccinated, wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at the party and ask your guests to do the same.
- Avoid large events and gatherings.
- If weather permits, host any events outdoors. For indoor gatherings, opening windows and doors can ensure proper ventilation and help lower the risk.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after cooking food.
- Do not attend or host a gathering if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Avoid handling food in a way that encourages people to take it using their hand; instead, make use of toothpicks, party pics, foil wraps and disposable containers.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine – schedule now
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.
The Scoop on Breakthrough Infections: Are You at Risk?
The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing infection, serious illness, hospitalization and death, however there is still a chance for a breakthrough infection.