Patient and Visitor Information
Information & Guest Services
The goal of the Department of Information and Guest Services is to provide reliable and accurate information for our patients and visitors.
- Welcoming our guests into a warm, pleasant atmosphere.
- Extending assistance in a compassionate and caring manner.
- Our service will be courteous and empathetic, in consideration of the various needs of our customers.
- All will be acknowledged and greeted by our friendly hospitality professionals.
- In the interest of safety and security for all patients, visitors, and guests, we will also exercise a high degree of vigilance.
Should you need to contact a Guest Services representative we can be reached at 551-996-2000 x61460.
Advance directives are documents you create to describe the extent of medical treatment you want to receive—or not to receive—should you become unconscious or too ill to communicate. Though the topic may be difficult to discuss, your wishes are important. We recommend that you discuss advance directives with your spouse, other family members, physicians, nurses, and clerics while you are feeling well and thinking clearly.
Bioethics is the discipline that addresses ethical issues that arise in the health care setting, including those related to life and death, cure and comfort, truth telling and trust reflected in patient care and decision making.
Improving patient care by focusing on key quality and safety indicators is integral to achieving Hackensack Meridian’s overall quality and safety objectives. It is an interdisciplinary, multi-party effort, one that encompasses the entire organization – including physicians, nurses, support staff, administration personnel and board members – all working in partnership to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Many patients are required to obtain pre-admission testing prior to their scheduled procedure(s).
At Jersey Shore University Medical Center, there are two locations where pre-admission testing occurs:
HOPE Tower (located directly next to the main Jersey Shore University Medical Center building)
19 Davis Avenue
Neptune, NJ 07753
Amdur Pavilion at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Neptune Township, NJ 07753
The location where your testing will occur is dependent upon the procedure.
Where to Go for Pre-Admission Testing
Your care team will inform you if scheduled testing is required or if walk-in testing is an option. If your care team does not contact you regarding scheduling your testing, please obtain your testing at HOPE Tower.
HOPE Tower Testing
- Online scheduling is available for most blood/lab work and EKG tests. We highly recommend scheduling ahead as this reduces wait times. If advance scheduling is not possible, walk-in testing is available for blood/lab work, EKG and x-rays. Book your appointment online now.
- Call 732-776-4698 to schedule:
- Bone Density
- CT Scan
- Nuclear Medicine
- Port Checks
Laboratory questions: 732-776-4499
Radiology/imaging questions: 732-897-3806
Amdur Pavilion Pre-Admission Testing (Scheduled Testing for Procedural Patients Only)
- Blood/Lab Work
- Chest X-Ray
- Cardiac 30-Day Follow-Up (ECHO and EKG)
- Joint Replacement Classes (Wednesdays at 1 p.m. / Thursdays at 7:30 a.m.)
- Anesthesia Evaluation
- Carotid Dopplers
Contact the pre-admission testing department at Amdur Pavilion: 732-776-3680
Hackensack Meridian Health is committed to providing individuals with disabilities full and equal access to services and treatment. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Hackensack Meridian Health welcomes the use of service animals by any person with a disability.
Self Park Garages:
Hours of Operation:
- Essex St. Garage Mon-Fri 6 a.m. -2 a.m. Sat & Sun 7 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Women’s & Children’s Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. Sat & Sun 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- John Theurer Cancer Center Mon-Fri 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sat & Sun 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Payment: Parking is available to all visitors in the Essex St. Garage and Women and Children’s garage for a nominal fee (currently $8.00). If returning to the medical center for multiple visits through out the day, you can request a Same Day Return Voucher for an additional fee.
All major credit cards are accepted.
Hours of Operation:
- Medical Plaza Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- John Theurer Cancer Center Mon-Fri 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Emergency Trauma Center Mon-Sun 24/7 for all patients
Payment: Visitor Parking also provides Valet Services at the John Theurer Cancer Center and Medical Plaza Building for a nominal fee (currently $10.00). We also offer complimentary valet service to any patients who present to the Emergency Trauma Center for treatment.
All major credit cards are accepted.
Handicap parking spots are available in all garages.
- Handicap valet services are available at the Medical Plaza for a nominal fee (currently $5)
- Discounted handicap valet services booklets are also available at the Medical Plaza valet
- Handicap valet services are complimentary at the John Theurer Cancer Center
The Department of Security and Parking Services operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide a secure and safe environment for all patients, visitors, guests, staff, and physicians. Services include:
- Video surveillance
- Security issues management
- Investigation and reporting of security incidents
- Identification of patients, visitors and employees
- Access control to sensitive areas
- Vehicular access to urgent care areas
- Employee education in the handling of security issues
- Performance standards
- Emergency security procedures
Security Services Main Office Dispatch: Call 551-996-2525
Emergency: Call 551-996-7777
The Patrol Division is the largest of three within the departments. It provides comprehensive programs for emergency response i.e. hazard surveillance, control of patient valuables, lost and found, emergency courier, transport and escort services, high risk, patient protection and coverage of special events.
Shift Hours: Patrol Division operates in three shifts 7am to 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm, 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. Each shift is staffed with adequate Officers to ensure a safe and secure environment for our visitors, patients, guests, and staff.
Located Ground Floor St. John next to the Cashiers Office
Shuttle Hours: The Parking Division provides employee shuttle bus service from three remote parking areas Monday through Friday from 3:45 am to 11:45 pm.
The Parking Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm providing services including but not limited to issuance of parking assignments, identification cards, parking assignment stickers, and the maintenance and programming of all gate, readers and equipment.
Located Ground Floor St. John
The Training Division provides an extensive mandatory new officer and refresher training program for all staff. This training enhances the Officers ability to perform their duties to the fullest capacity keeping the patients and staff save.
On site training and education is provided including but not limited to certification in CPR and AED (automatic external defibrillator), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, FEMA Emergency Management on-line programs, OSHA First Receiver, MSDS, and hands on training for daily operations. Security Officers also attend a formal, forty-hour Security Officer training program conducted by the Bergen County Police and Fire Academy yearly.