June 22, 2021
12 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
¼ cup BBQ sauce
8 cups romaine and spinach, torn
12 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ small jicama, diced (optional)
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ 15-ounce can corn, drained (or frozen and thawed)
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup low-fat yogurt
¼ cup fat-free sour cream
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 green onion, thinly sliced, white and light green parts
Pinch black pepper
- Put chicken into bowl with BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes. Top salad with chicken and circle with tomatoes.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
Salad with dressing: 416 calories, 37g protein, 52g carbohydrate (10g fiber), 5g fat (2g sat, 3g mono/poly), 628mg sodium
Next Steps & Resources:
- Find more recipes and tips for healthy eating
- Mood-boosting foods
- Wagon wheel pasta recipe
- Bob Garrett’s Bolognese recipe
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.