Our Campus:Hackensack University Medical Center houses state-of-the-art facilities giving residents access to the tools and resources they need to achieve their educational and professional goals.
- The Heart and Vascular Hospital performs cardiovascular and neurovascular interventions including TAVR, structural heart, 3D echocardiogram and electrophysiology.
- The Donna A. Sanzari Women’s Hospital is a Regional Perinatal Referral Center, Level III NICU and performs over 6,000 deliveries yearly with 80% epidural utilization.
- The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital houses the Pediatric Surgery Center, Tomorrow's Children Institute for Hematology/Oncology, and PICU. 4,000 pediatric surgeries are performed yearly.
- The Center for Ambulatory Surgery performs 12,000 outpatient surgeries yearly.
- 40 state-of-the-art operating rooms for 14 surgical sub-specialties.
- David and Alice Jurist Institute for Research.
Our Department & Residency:Department:
- 42,000 anesthetics administered yearly
- 20,000 non-operating room anesthetics (NORA) performed annually
- Superb ratio of faculty to residents ensures a great teaching experience.
- 16 categorical residents
- Protected time for conferences and didactics
- Comprehensive benefits package
Hackensack University Medical Center is located in northern New Jersey in Bergen County. Hackensack and the surrounding communities offer a wide range of affordable choices for city or suburban living. Located less than 10 miles from the George Washington Bridge, our campus offers easy access to all that New York City has to offer:
- World-class restaurants
- Professional sporting events
- Music and Performing Arts
- Broadway theaters
- Central Park
- Waterfront recreation
- NYC High Line
- Times Square
- Social and cultural diversity
Living and Working in the NJ/NY Metro Area
With views of the New York City skyline from our medical center’s campus, residents can enjoy all of the perks that living in the NJ/NY metro area has to offer.
Conveniently located near the Hackensack main campus, HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness is an expansive fitness center complete with a large selection of state-of-the-art cardio equipment with personal viewing screens. A Sports Performance Center features a turf field, sprint track, sports-specific resistance training equipment and specialized programs for teams and individuals. Over 170 group fitness classes take place weekly including LesMills, Zumba®, Pilates Reformer, Pilates Barre, aqua, yoga, and cycling.
As a travel gateway, the New Jersey/New York Metropolitan area is easily accessible to major highways, transportation hubs and international airports for convenient travel.