Welcome to the Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship
Welcome to the Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program at K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, NJ.
Our program’s mission is to train well-rounded subspecialty residents to provide care to hospitalized children, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. The physicians we train will be prepared to deliver the highest quality care to all pediatric patients and to integrate lifelong learning and inquiry into their practice of hospital-based pediatrics.
Our aim is to graduate trainees prepared for a career in pediatric hospital medicine in either an academic or community setting. Fellows will be trained to be:
- Proficient in the clinical practice of pediatric hospital medicine.
- Competent in the education of other health care providers, patients, and families.
- Knowledgeable in conducting and interpreting principles of clinical research, biostatistics and epidemiology.
- Familiar with policy-making, organization and methodologies relevant to the practice of pediatric hospital medicine.
- Experienced in improvement science and with core principals of quality improvement methodologies.
A comprehensive clinical experience is provided at our primary site, K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital, with a community rotation through JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ. Our educational goals emphasize clinical excellence and an individualized scholarly project focused on each fellow’s interests. This is accomplished through a structured curriculum that includes physiology, clinical pathology, statistics as well as quality improvement methodology, and completion of a scholarly project, mentored by an experienced faculty member. We are an ACGME-accredited two-year Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship program.
Upon successful completion of the program, fellows are eligible for certification by the American Board of Pediatrics Sub-board of Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
On behalf of our faculty, we are committed to offering our fellows an exceptional experience in their training and shaping their career in Pediatric Hospital Medicine. We are happy you are considering our training program and we look forward to hearing from you.