Applying to Our Pharmacy Concentration ProgramJersey Shore University Medical Center PGY1 pharmacy residency participates in PhORCAS and adheres to the rules of the National Matching Service.
To be considered for a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, the applicant must:
- Be a Pharm.D. graduate of an ACPE-accredited college of Pharmacy by July 1.
- Be eligible for licensure as a registered pharmacist in the state of NJ. You are expected to be licensed in the state of NJ by July 31, but no later than October 1.
- Provide identification of US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
- Be enrolled in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Residency Matching Program. Applicants may register for the matching program via www.natmatch.com/ashprmp.
- Submit the required materials in PhORCAS by the January 5 deadline.
Required Application Materials
Curriculum Vitae – A current copy of your curriculum vitae is required. Your curriculum vitae should include the colleges and/or universities attended (including dates), degrees conferred or expected, professional experiences, rotation/clerkship experiences, extracurricular leadership experiences, and other academic and professional achievements.
Letter of Interest – A letter of interest should include short-term and long-term professional goals, motivation for residency training, and why you are interested in the Jersey Shore University Medical Center Residency Program.
Transcripts – Official pharmacy school transcript(s) for all post-secondary pharmacy coursework must be submitted. Candidates must have graduated from an ACPE-accredited school or college of pharmacy with a Doctorate of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
Letters of Recommendation – Three letters of recommendation are required.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule interview dates.
A formal interview with the Jersey Shore University Medical Center Pharmacy Residency Program team is required for program consideration.
The ASHP Matching Program results are announced in March. If you match with our program, you will receive an offer letter within 30 days.