Specialty Care Provider Office
155 Polifly Rd
Hackensack, NJ 07601
HMH - Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology Center - Hackensack
Our goal is to make patients and their families comfortable and to provide reassurance about their skin.
Issues with skin can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and sometimes dangerous. Proper diagnosis and treatment by a dermatologist who specializes in the skin diseases of children is important.
Staffed by fellowship-trained and board certified pediatric dermatologists, we use the latest medications and advanced technology to diagnose and treat all types of skin diseases and disorders, including acne, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, allergic reactions, warts, molluscum, moles, skin infections, alopecia areata, vitiligo and infantile hemangiomas, as well as other birthmarks.
Our advanced practice enables us to perform minor surgical procedures, as well as laser therapy with anesthesia, if necessary, in infants, children and adolescents. Our practice, part of Hackensack University Medical Center, is home to New Jersey’s first academic pediatric dermatology program.
- Allergen patch testing
- Outpatient and inpatient dermatologic care
- Management of common skin conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis (eczema), hair loss, hives, common infections (impetigo, cold sores, ringworm), psoriasis and rashes due to viruses or medications
- Evaluation of birthmarks
- Total body skin examinations
- Consultation services in the emergency department, pediatric inpatient unit, pediatric intensive care unit, and neonatal intensive care unit
- Clinical research
- Acne surgery
- Treatment or removal of benign viral lesions such as warts and molluscum
- Treatment of infantile hemangiomas (topical or systemic treatments including propranolol)
- Laser treatment of vascular birthmarks
- Corticosteroid injections to treat alopecia areata and keloids
- Skin biopsies, removal of benign growths, suspicious moles, birthmarks and cysts
- Treatment of more severe skin conditions requiring systemic immunosuppressive therapy (severe atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and blistering diseases)