Behavioral Health Facility
661 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Tues8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Wed8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Thurs8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Hackensack Meridian Health Riverview Medical Center Behavioral Health Services-Mental Health Services
About the Booker Behavioral Health Center
Hackensack Meridian Health is dedicated to providing outstanding Behavioral Health Services to all members of our communities.
As the area’s premier provider, Hackensack Meridian Health Behavioral Health Program has provided comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services to the residents of Monmouth and Ocean Counties since 1974.
Behavioral health, mental health, and psychiatry – these are all related terms for emotional health and well-being. It is long overdue that society treated these issues like any other medical condition, and removed the fear and stigma about discussing them or seeking care.
At Riverview, we believe it is important that people feel comfortable discussing issues of concern in a safe and supportive environment. It is what you, your loved ones, our neighbors, and communities deserve.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive outpatient care
- Inpatient psychiatric services
- Specialized care for opioid, substance abuse, and addiction
- Depression, mood disorders, stress, and anxiety
- Child, adolescent, and family services
- Outpatient Mental Health Services – From short-term, solution-oriented psychotherapy to medication management, in individual, group, couple, and family settings.
- Inpatient Psychiatric – An array of psychiatric, substance abuse, and medical services for patients age 18 years and older who are experiencing an acute exacerbation of a mental illness and require inpatient treatment for stabilization and safety.
- Adult Partial Hospitalization – Services to adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses who require more assistance than an outpatient service can provide but less structure than an inpatient service entails.
- Emergency Psychiatric Services – Emergency psychiatric intervention, assessments, linkage and referrals for adults, adolescents, and children experiencing an acute psychiatric emergency, located within our Emergency Department.
- Addiction Recovery – Services for adults who need treatment for substance abuse and addiction in an outpatient setting including an Adult Intensive Outpatient Program, 16-week DWI educational group, and continuing care for those in recovery. Services are provided in individual, group, and family settings.