Brain and Spine Tumor Program at JFK University Medical Center
We understand how a brain or spine tumor impacts all aspects of your life. At The Brain and Spine Tumor Program at JFK University Medical Center, our board-certified physicians listen to your unique situation and assemble a team of experts to create a plan just for you.
Our multidisciplinary experts include highly qualified neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, medical neuro-oncologists, neuro-pathologists, and neuro-radiologists dedicated to providing comprehensive, patient and family-centered care, and to utilizing innovative new treatments.
Adults and children receive advanced care using the latest technology and treatment techniques for primary and metastatic brain and spine tumors, including:
- Minimally invasive spine, cranial and skull base surgery that uses smaller incisions, addressing complex tumors with less harm while reducing operative and recovery time.
- Individualized care through multidisciplinary tumor conference case review.
- Advanced skull base surgical treatment including extended endonasal procedures for complex tumors and vascular lesions of the brain and skull base.
- Advanced surgical treatment of glioma and astrocytoma, pituitary adenoma, primary central nervous system lymphoma, metastatic brain tumors, spinal tumors (benign and malignant), meningioma and acoustic neuromas, as well as tumors located in critical areas of the brain related to speech and understanding.
- 3T MRI
- Functional and Diffusion Tensor MRI Imaging
- PET Imaging
- Clinical Trials
- Virtual Reality Imaging
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Brain Tumor Treatment
- 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Four-Dimensional Computed Tomography (4DCT)
- Gamma Knife® Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Magnetic Resonance (MR)-Guided Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy
- Neurophysiological Mapping
- Proton Therapy
- TrueBeam™ Linear Accelerator
- Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy (LiTT)
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Surgical Technology
Why Choose Us?
The Brain Tumor Treatment and Rehabilitation Center at JFK University Medical Center was one of the first hospitals in the country to trial the Optune®, a wearable, portable device used for treating glioblastoma. It is also the only hospital in the Northeast to provide brain and spinal tumor diagnosis, management, recovery, and physical rehabilitation services under one roof. We were recognized by Healthgrades Neuroscience Excellence in 2022 and 2023. JFK University Medical Center is also one of less than 10 hospitals in the country using Virtual Reality 3D Surgical Technology to prepare for and perform neurosurgery, which is known for reducing the time patients spend in surgery on average 80 minutes.