Stroke Care at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
When it comes to a stroke, time is critical. The comprehensive stroke program at Jersey Shore University Medical Center is among the region’s busiest and best, offering the most advanced treatment options to minimize the disability from a stroke. Our team of physicians and nurse practitioners provides comprehensive care and innovative treatments for over a 1,000 patients a year with ischemic strokes, Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), hemorrhagic strokes, and brain aneurysms.
Our premier stroke center offers 24/7 care with a specialized trained rapid-response stroke team that ensures immediate treatment and access to crucial, life-saving treatments, including medications and clot retrieval procedures that could save your life. With seamless access to comprehensive diagnostic equipment, including multimodality CT imaging, our team is ready to diagnose and treat strokes as quickly as possible.
- Neurodiagnostic Testing with RapidAI software
- Thrombolytic Agents
- Endovascular Mechanical Thrombectomy
- State of Art Hybrid Operating Room suite
- Neurocritical Care Unit
- Stroke Nursing Unit
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Neuropsychology and Behavioral health
- Stroke Prevention Clinic
- In-person and virtual support groups for patients and caregivers
Why Choose Us?
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center is designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, which is the highest level of certification for hospitals equipped to receive and treat the most complex stroke cases. We are also licensed as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Healthgrades has awarded the medical center its America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award for superior clinical outcomes in the care and treatment of stroke for four years in a row.
- We are recognized by the American Heart Association with the prestigious Get With the Guidelines Stroke Designation earning the Stroke Gold PLUS; Honor roll Elite and Diabetes Honor roll achievement awards.
- Becker’s Hospital Review recently featured the Hackensack Meridian Health telestroke program as a best practice model.
- Hackensack Meridian Health’s Stroke Rehabilitation Program is accredited by the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) as a specialty stroke program, which ensures that our program meets or exceeds national quality standards.
Meet the Team:
Our multifaceted health care team includes fellowship-trained vascular neurologists, interventional neurologists and endovascular neurosurgeons, certified nurse practitioners and rehabilitation specialists. The team is led by Program Director, Sanskriti Mishra, M.D.