Why Choose HMH for Behavioral Health Services
If you or a loved one is struggling with depression, anxiety, substance abuse or any other mental health issue or concerns we are here to help. Each day, we put people of all ages, gender identification, sexual orientation, backgrounds and ethnicities on the road to happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- Leaders in Urgent Care: We developed the nation’s first Urgent Care with Behavioral Health services that offers walk-in care for depression, mood disorders, behavioral issues or when your physician, psychiatrist, or therapist is not available.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy: We are the largest provider of ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy) in the nation at our Carrier Clinic and Jersey Shore University Medical Center locations.
- Caring for Our Youth: We provide specialized mental health care and services for adolescents including a 36-bed adolescent unit at Carrier Clinic. This is the largest hospital-based unit in New Jersey offering a full range of treatment options for youths ages 13 - 18.
- We were also the first health care organization in the region to offer a behavior management and therapeutic play program for young children.
- First in NJ: Jersey Shore University Medical Center was the first hospital in New Jersey to offer deep transcranial magnetic stimulation technology, an evidence-based neuromodulation treatment for major depression and other disorders.
- Personalized Care: As the region’s largest health care network, we are leaders at treating both physical and emotional conditions and illness. So our approach to behavioral health diagnoses focuses on treating the whole person.
- Strong History:
- Our acute care Behavioral Health hospital, Carrier Clinic has been providing mental health services to the residents of New Jersey for over 100 years. Blake Recovery Center has been a nationally recognized leader in addiction treatment services for over 30 years, and has been named the Best Addiction Rehab in NJ by Newsweek.
- We provide a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services across a nine county area in a warm, compassionate and supportive environment to serve your emotional and mental health needs.
- The Retreat & Recovery At Ramapo Valley opened in 2020, expanding our existing array of services for substance use disorders, offering outpatient services in northern New Jersey.
- National Recognition: Hackensack University Medical Center was recognized as the second care facility in the country to achieve a Joint Commission Certification in Depression and as such, is a nationally recognized center of excellence in the care of depressed patients.
- Pioneering Research: Our research team focuses on innovative strategies for the detection and treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders ranging from major depression to Alzheimer’s disease, collaborating with leading academic medical centers throughout the nation.
Essex CountyMountainside Medical Center:
Hudson CountyPalisades Medical Center:
Middlesex CountyOld Bridge Medical Center:
Raritan Bay Medical Center: