What is Vascular Care?
Vascular care is a wide variety of services to address anything from leg pain to circulation problems, and specializes in treatment of venous disease, peripheral arterial disease, carotid artery stenosis and aortic aneurysm surgery.
Our surgeons believe high quality diagnostic testing is an important first step to the treatment of vascular disease. After our surgeons determine the results of diagnostic testing, they work with each patient to develop a care plan based on the patient’s individual needs.
Who Is a Candidate for Vascular Care?
Common vascular conditions that require care include:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Blood Clots
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Chronic Wounds
- Dialysis Access
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Mesenteric Ischemia: injury to small intestine caused by poor circulation
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Renovascular Conditions
- Spider veins
- Superficial Venous Thrombosis/phlebitis
- Varicose Veins
- Venous reflux
Treatment for Vascular Conditions
Vascular treatment encompasses a full range of lifestyle choices, medications, minimally-invasive procedures and surgeries, including:
- Thrombectomy to Remove Blood Clot
- Stent Grafts to Repair Aneurysm
- AAA (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) Repai
- Carotid Surgery and Stentin
- Endovenous Laser Treatment to Treat Varicose Vein
- PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease) Surger
- Dialysis Access Procedures
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Your Care
Hackensack University Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center were named High Performing hospitals for Aortic Valve Surgery by U.S. News & World Report in 2021.
Hackensack University Medical Center has earned certification for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Peripheral Vascular Disease and Carotid Artery Disease from The Joint Commission.
Leaders in NJ
We offer one of the most comprehensive vascular programs in the state, led by teams of board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists with extensive experience in this unique area of medicine.
We offer innovative diagnostic and therapeutic services for the full spectrum of vascular conditions. Vascular treatment encompasses a full range of procedures and surgeries.