Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health For Your Orthopedic Surgery and Care
Nothing is more important than your health and quality of life. Our specialists are committed to treating your joint pain without surgery whenever possible. When total or partial joint replacement surgery is necessary, our experienced orthopedic specialists will determine the cause of your pain and develop a plan of care that’s tailored to your needs and priorities.
Our doctors are pioneers in innovative treatment options and procedures used around the world, including state-of-the-art robotic surgery, and perform more than 300 surgeries per year with a low rate of complications or infections after surgery.
In fact, the hip and knee replacement programs at Hackensack University Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Mountainside Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center and Pascack Valley Medical Center have earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for disease-specific excellence, safety, quality and patient-centered care.
Named High-Performing in Procedures and Conditions (Orthopedics, Hip/Knee Replacement) by U.S. News & World Report
Presented with clinical quality award distinctions for hip and knee replacement by HealthGrades
Knee replacement programs have earned Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for disease-specific excellence, safety, quality and patient-centered care.
Recognized as one of 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Learn more about how we keep getting better for you:
Our board-certified specialists are nationally and internationally known clinical and research leaders in orthopedics.
Several Hackensack Meridian Health physicians have contributed to the design of two robotic systems, making Hackensack University Medical Center a center of excellence for training other surgeons in these advanced technologies. With additional state-of-the-art robotic and navigation options throughout the network, surgeons can operate with greater dexterity and control than ever before.
Robotic and navigation technology offers advanced precision and accuracy for individual surgical needs and are particularly helpful in complex orthopedic surgical cases. Various technologies are used for hip, knee and spine procedures and can help physicians pinpoint areas to be removed or modified during surgery. Benefits of robotic and navigation technologies include accurate placement and alignment of implants, faster recovery and less pain for patients.
Our team of New Jersey-based orthopedic specialists provide you with outstanding, personalized medical care in a warm, caring environment. Our primary goal is to help you get back to doing the things you love, without pain or discomfort.
- Personalized care: Our first choice is always to treat without surgery whenever possible. Every patient’s personalized treatment plan revolves around their unique needs, priorities and goals.
- Education: Our Total Joint Replacement Class provides you with complete information about your hip and knee replacement surgery, including how to prepare for your joint replacement surgery and what to expect during recovery.
- Concierge services: Our team provides personalized services to meet your non-clinical needs, such as room service, and transportation and information requests.
Our team of board-certified physicians, clinicians, orthopedic surgeons and support staff were trained at some of the best programs in the country and are recognized world leaders in using the Robotic Surgical Assistant to perform total knee replacement surgery with remarkable precision.
- 96% of patients are standing or walking the same night as their surgery.
- 80% of patients return home after leaving the hospital.
- Fewer than 2% of patients are readmitted within 30 days of hospital discharge.