Neurological rehabilitation in New Jersey | Hackensack Meridian Health
When to Seek Neurological RehabilitationWe care for patients with these neurological or neuromuscular conditions:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain or Spinal Cord Tumors
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Difficulties with Walking, Balance, Coordination, Vision, Swallowing, Bowels and Bladder
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Weakness, Fatigue and Numbness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nerve Injuries of the Neck, Back, Arms, Legs and Phrenic Nerve
- Neuromuscular Disorders such as Bell’s Palsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Treatment Options for Neurological RehabilitationWe offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services designed to help patients maintain or improve independence and quality of life. Our services include:
- Audiology: Our team of audiologists and support staff offer services to enhance quality of life for people of all ages with hearing, balance or communication impairments.
- Community reintegration program: We help patients find new ways to perform everyday activities at home and in the community to maximize independence.
- Community support groups: Our support groups help patients connect with others who are living with neurological or neuromuscular conditions.
- Home accessibility assessment: Our specialists will recommend adaptive and safety devices to help you maintain independence at home.
- Orthotics management: We help ensure you have the correct orthotics to support foot movement.
- Pain management: We use the latest techniques and therapies to manage pain and reduce the use of opioid medications.
- Physiatry services: Our physiatry specialists combine physical therapy and pain management to safely treat bone, joint, muscle, ligament and tendon problems.
- Physical, occupational, recreational and speech therapy: Our skilled therapists help patients maintain optimal functioning and independence.
- Rehabilitation psychology: We assist patients with the emotional and mental health aspects of living with a neurological or neuromuscular condition.
- Vocational rehabilitation. We offer individuals with neurological conditions an opportunity to improve their personal and life skills and learn about their career options, helping our patients find employment and live independently.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Rehabilitation Services
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally-ranked as a Top Rehabilitation Hospital in the Country by U.S. News & World Report and The Center for Brain Injuries at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is named as just one of 16 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System Sites in the nation for the treatment of brain injuries.
Groundbreaking clinical trials: The experts at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute are implementing groundbreaking clinical trials and research in stroke rehabilitation poised to change the way care for stroke patients.
Nationally certified for quality treatment and care: Our rehabilitation facilities are licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and Joint Commission, meaning we’ve met rigorous quality standards in all areas of our operations and patient care. Learn more about CARF Accreditation.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.