What Causes Neurological Disorders?The specific cause can vary for neurological disorders but some common causes include injuries to the brain or spinal cord, brain or spinal tumors, congenital disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, degenerative conditions, infections and stroke.
Who is a Candidate for Neuroscience Diagnostic Services?
People of all ages are at risk for neurological problems. At the Hackensack Meridian Health Neuroscience Institute we specialize in diagnosing and treating:
- Balance disorders/Dizziness
- Brain and spine tumors
- Cancer pain
- Cerebral palsy
- Cognitive disorders/Dementia
- Complex spine disorders and injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis and related disorders
- Neuromuscular/muscle disorders
- Parkinson’s and Movement disorders
- Pediatric Neurological disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Stroke/Vascular Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
The Hackensack Meridian Health Neuroscience Institute offers advanced diagnostic resources to assist physicians in the accurate and timely assessment of neurologic disorders. Tests available at the Institute include:
- Computed Tomography Angiogram (CTA)
- Computed Tomography Perfusion (CTP)
- Computed Tomography Scanning (CT Scan)
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Evoked Potentials
- Functional MRI
- Genetic Testing
- Intraoperative Monitoring
- Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic Resonance Venogram (MRV)
- MR Perfusion
- Proton Emission Tomography (PET)
- Single Proton Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Sleep Testing, Polysomnography (PSG)
- Tilt Table
- Tissue, Muscle and Brain Biopsy
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Vestibular Testing including: Computerized Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Computerized Rotary Chair Testing, Computerized Dynamic Posturography
- Video Epilepsy Monitoring (VEEG)
Once diagnosed, your physician will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health Neurosciences Diagnostic Services?
Among the Best
JFK University Medical Center offers an Epilepsy Level 4 Comprehensive Center Accreditation, the highest accreditation possible for centers that perform complex epilepsy surgeries.
JFK University Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center are designated Licensed Comprehensive Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission. Less than 5% of hospitals in the nation meet rigorous national and state requirements.
Hackensack Meridian Health’s neurosurgical program is among the best in the country, according to annual rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
Our neurological experts are equipped to care for the most intricate cases; from our fellowship-trained and board-certified physicians who hold the highest level of training and accreditation possible in their specialty, to our highly skilled nurses, we provide you with the best treatment options possible.