Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery
Hackensack Meridian Health is on the cutting edge of treatment for intracranial vascular disorders (disorders involving arteries within the skull), such as brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and stroke.
Our care blends high-end technology with the compassion that each individual patient deserves. We provide each patient with a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan. In addition to traditional surgery, we perform minimally invasive surgery as well as non-surgical procedures.
The Latest Technology to Treat a Variety of Disorders
We offer the latest technology for minimally-invasive treatments of intracranial vascular disorders, including:
- Coil embolizations
- Stent assisted coil embolizations
- Pipeline embolizations
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Multi-modality treatment options (options that combine more than one type of treatment) for intracranial arteriovenous malformations:
- Embolizations with nBCA or Onyx
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Microsurgical resection
Neurointerventional procedures (minimally invasive image-guided procedures):
- Cerebral and spinal angiograms
- Acute stroke interventions
- Angiography and embolization for brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations
- Dural arteriovenous fistulas
- Intracranial angioplasty and stenting
- Carotid artery stenting with distal protection
- Embolization for Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas
- Pre-operative embolization of brain and spinal tumors
- Pre-operative embolization of head and neck tumors
- Embolization for refractory epistaxis (recurrent, severe nosebleeds)
- Microsurgical Procedures
- Clipping of brain aneurysms
- Resection of AVM’s
- Resection of cavernomas of the brain or spine
- Ligation of cranial or spinal arteriovenous fistulas
- ECIC (Extra-Cranial to Intracranial) bypass for Moya-Moya, complex aneurysms, and select complex tumors
- EDAS (Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis) for Moya-Moya
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Your Care
Jersey Shore University Medical Center has received the America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award by Healthgrades in 2020, 2021 and 2022, and JFK University Medical Center was awarded the Stroke Care Excellence Award and named a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke by Healthgrades in 2021.
Hackensack University Medical Center has earned certification for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Peripheral Vascular Disease and Carotid Artery Disease from The Joint Commission.
We offer one of the most comprehensive vascular programs in the state, led by teams of board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists with extensive experience in this unique area of medicine.
Our care blends high-end technology with the compassion and personal touch that each individual patient deserves. We strive to provide each patient with a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan often utilizing conservative care when appropriate. In addition to traditional surgery, we perform minimally invasive surgery as well as non-surgical, interventional procedures.