Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
February 24, 2023
This roasted red pepper hummus is easy to make and is a healthy, tasty snack. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, and voila! Enjoy.
- 1-15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each: cumin, onion powder, garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. Can add more olive oil to create a smoother texture.
- Serve with carrot & celery sticks and whole grain pita bread.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Recipe shared by registered dietician, Taura Mauro
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.