Investigator Training and EducationAt Hackensack Meridian Health, relevant training and educational programming is crucial to the work we do so that investigators and research staff can navigate regulatory requirements and produce robust scientific research.
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI): All investigators and research staff must complete online CITI training in order to initiate a study or join a study team.
- More information on biosafety training and animal care and use training can be found on the Committee Review page.
The orientation, offered on a quarterly basis, involves a series of lectures on the topics of The Institutional Review Board and its History, Protocol Basics, Regulatory Issues, Study Management, Patient Eligibility, Informed Consent, Data Management, Reportable Events, and Auditing and Monitoring. It is mandatory for all incoming research staff and takes place over the course of three half-days.
Investigator Training Lecture Series
Co-sponsored by the Office of Research Administration and the School of Medicine to:
- Guide researchers on getting started in research, including obtaining funding, feasibility, and study design
- Create awareness regarding regulatory and scientific issues surrounding research
- Inform researchers on processes related to managing the project and thereafter, including publishing.
IHS IPE Research Seminar Series
Interprofessional Health Sciences Interprofessional Education (IHS IPE) Research Seminar Series
A series of researchers present their own cutting edge research or on how to conduct research.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Program
Hackensack Meridian Health considers RCR to be a vital component of researchers’ training. Knowing how to conduct research in a systematic, appropriate, and meaningful way ensures that researchers’ work is high quality and that they are serving as responsible stewards of any funding and resources that they receive. This program includes seminars, discussion sessions, department meetings, and online training. More information on this program is available here.
Targeted Educational Programming
Specialized training is available to researchers and their teams based on their individual needs.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.