Nurse NavigatorsOur Nurse Navigators are our patients’ main point of contact. They are registered nurses with oncology-specific clinical knowledge and serve as a patient’s advocate. Navigators stay with you throughout your cancer journey and will help you get access to the right care and services across our health system.
From getting you an ‘impossible’ appointment, to ensuring that all of your medical records, scans and labs are timely shared with the cancer team, they will ensure that you are informed and able to move throughout the cancer care center as easily as possible.
The Nurse Navigator delivers a wide range of services to patients, including:
- Assessing the needs of the patient and their family to be able to make appropriate referrals.
- Coordinating treatment and follow-up care, including assistance with making appointments
- Ensuring a treatment setting of warmth, comfort, and hope
- Providing education, facts, and resources and assisting with researching the latest information and changes in breast health and breast cancer
- Providing information on everything from support groups to medical insurance
- Providing support for the patient prior to, during, and after treatment
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health
Premier Cancer Center
U.S. News & World Report has recognized John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center as a premier cancer center in New Jersey.
The Memorial Sloan Kettering–Hackensack Meridian Health partnership brings together two world-class organizations with deep New Jersey roots and a single goal: Find more cures faster.
Our head/neck surgeons are certified to perform transoral robotic surgery (TORS). Our Robotic Center of Excellence is one of the largest robotic surgery programs, with the highest volume of minimally invasive cancer procedures in New Jersey.
- Bladder Cancer
- Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation
- Bone Tumors and Sarcoma
- Brain and Spine Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Cervical Cancer
- Childrens Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endocrine and Thyroid Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Noncancerous Blood Disorders
- Nutritional Counseling and Services
- Precision Medicine
- Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
- Skin Cancer
- Testis Cancer
- Ureter Cancer