Specialized Evaluation and Treatment of Brain FunctionOur fellowship-trained neuropsychologists specialize in assessing and understanding brain-altering conditions that can affect behavior, thinking, memory, language and mood.
Some of these conditions include:
Concussion or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders
A neuropsychological evaluation can help confirm or clarify a diagnosis; help your physician develop a comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation plan and/or establish a baseline of brain functioning prior to brain surgery or beginning a new medication or treatment.
During your evaluation, our team will assess your emotional and behavioral functioning. And evaluate a number of cognitive skills, such as attention, executive functioning, memory, language and visuospatial processing, using a variety of standardized written or computerized tests.
Based on your evaluation, your neuropsychologist will recommend treatment to address your individual symptoms. Your treatment may include:
- Cognitive remediation: Cognitive remediation will help you learn how to compensate for cognitive problems and improve or maintain memory.
- Occupational therapy: Occupational therapy will provide you with personalized strategies to help you perform everyday tasks.
- Psychological counseling: Your neuropsychologist may recommend that you visit a counseling psychologist to discuss the emotional and mental health aspects of your neurological condition.
- Speech/language therapy: Speech/language therapy will help you learn to manage problems with speech or language related to your neurological condition.
Living with a neurological condition can cause depression, anxiety, concerns about your future or even familial problems.
Our experts provide specialized care to help you adjust to your condition, become comfortable talking about it with family members, friends or colleagues and manage mental health challenges such as depression and anxiety associated with your condition.
Our neurological experts are equipped to care for the most intricate cases; from our fellowship-trained and board-certified physicians who hold the highest level of training and accreditation possible in their specialty, to our highly skilled nurses, we provide you with the best treatment options possible.
Neurological and Neurosurgical Services
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ALS
- Brain and Spine Tumor Treatments
- Brain Trauma and Concussions
- Center for Sleep Medicine
- Cranial Base Surgery
- Diagnostic Services
- Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
- Headache and Migraine Treatments
- Hereditary Neuropathies
- Memory Loss and Brain Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Paralysis and Reconstructive Nerve Surgery
- Essential Tremor, Parkinson's & Movement Disorders
- Spine Care
- Stroke Care
- Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery